Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
New Camper

My wife packed up the camper yesterday. She said that there was water dripping from the underbelly were the grey/black pipe comes out at the rear. The grey tank is always open to the septic tank, and the black was just drained. The FW tank is always full. I am always hooked up to supplied water but keep it full just incase we lose water. She drained the FW tank just in case and said that it stopped.

There were so many things done in a short time that it is hard for me to narrow it down. How hard is it to drop the underbelly cover? what tools will I need? The camper never leaves the seasonal sight so I want to be prepared when I go back up there. Is there any common problem with the 30BH that would cause this? Does anyone have a diagram of how the tanks and plumbing are I have an idea of what up there. The last time it rained was thursday and this was sunday, so I do not think that it would be rain water.

Thanks Ryan
30bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Did you by chance just fill the FW ( fresh water ) tank ? I had the same issue that you have but I think it might be a lose or leaking fill hose. I have only had the issue once ( that I know of ) I have not dropped my cover, My conceren would be getting it back on tight,
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
New Camper

No it has been full all summer.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I think you need to do more detective work. It could be the FW drain hose leaking from the full water tank. Does the dripping water have a smell?, is it soapy? Partially dropping the underbelly is not hard (sockets and wrench). You may need to cut the sealant around some plumbing. Only take down what is needed to ascertain the problem area.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

This happened to me once as well. I believe the reason was that I overfilled the FW tank. It dripped for several hours after, untill I drew down the FW tank. It finally dried and now I have been careful when I fill the FW tank.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

We had the same issue when we used our fresh water tank. It had a slow leak when full. I am lucky our tank fill is at the rear corner so I dropped that section of the cover and the fill and over flow hose clamps were all loose. The drain tube was also loose and took two full turns to get it tight. We had the same issue with our old Cruiser that I had to fix.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:14 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Sounds like a common problem as mine too was doing the same thing. My trailer is currently at the dealer getting some other work done including the leaking fresh water tank.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
Site Team

I had the same problem. Water running out of the under belly.
I had mine into the dealer for that and some other work and we thought we had it fixed. Not the case. Last trip out---water dripping out of the under belly. It goes back in next week for that and a couple other issues.
The tech got a little upset last time because when he tested it after the fix it still was dripping. He thought we were in to big of a hurry and he should have siliconed the p--s out of it (to use his words)and left it set so it could set up. I guess at this point I have to agree.
The hook up hoses they use on the tank are not conducive to being able to tighten it up real good as far as I'm concerned. That rib on there makes it almost impossible.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

The problem with taking down the cover is getting it tight when you put it back on. If you can get help pulling it tight you'll do fine.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
New Camper

I am not sure how full the tank was. I know when i filled it I overfilled it so the filler tube would have been full also. That is maybe what let go and drained the water from the tube. It wold be long b/c the fw tank is in the middle on the camper and the filler tube is on the driver rear. I will have to do some more investigating to see what is up. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ryan
Old 08-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

While you are investigating, check the vent tube. When I fixed my sagging water tank I also tightened the filler hose in hopes of curing this same problem. Ended up not fixing the leaking water, it was thevent tube had come off and it didn't leak unless I filled the tank all teh way up the filler hose. And one other thing I learned is that dropping the belly cover to expose the back 1/3 is not that bad. You just have to take your time, if you are in a hurry you will struggle with it.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Had the same problem with my new cruiser. Every time I filled the fresh water I would get water coming out in the waste pipe areas. This would happen every time I moved the trailer. I suspect the water was held by the underbelly cover. The dealer found the fill pipe was not properly connected. He had to enlarge thehole in my floor where the fill pipe went to the tank in order to get it on square..
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #13
New Camper

I stopped in at the dealer today and looked at one on the lot. It should be pretty easy to take down the back 1/3 of the underbelly.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:10 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

We had the same problem.

We had to fix the tank support. So, we removed the tank and filled it while on the driveway. The tank did not leak but the top fill connection sure did leak. A corrigated tube around a round fitting must be like a round peg in a sqaure hole. We removed both the fill pipe and the overflow tube. We cleaned both surfaces and applied top quality silicon caulking and then tightened the hose connectors. After waiting for the silicon todry we re-tested for leaks. No leaks! We remounted the tank (with a new support system) and re-made the hose connections inside of the RV using silicon as we had on the top of the tank.

Dropping the tank is a job. I did not know how the tank connections were made and I doubt that there is enough working space to make repairs from inside of the RV.

Best of luck
Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

What about the insulation under the camper?Is it the bubble type?If it is, it should dryout without any worry.Iask this because today I filled mine way full and now notice some dripping.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

It is the foil bubble insulation.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #17
New Camper

Well finally got up the lake this weekend. As soon as my wife started to bath our kid the water started to drip from the underbelly. I got under there and I could here it drip onto the top of the underbelly. then when she let the tub water go it really started to run. In the morning I opened up the access panel for the shower plumbing, and the drain had come right off. So none of the tub water was even going in the grey tank. Nice and easy fix thank god.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #18
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30bh
Well finally got up the lake this weekend. As soon as my wife started to bath our kid the water started to drip from the underbelly. I got under there and I could here it drip onto the top of the underbelly. then when she let the tub water go it really started to run. In the morning I opened up the access panel for the shower plumbing, and the drain had come right off. So none of the tub water was even going in the grey tank. Nice and easy fix thank god.
Was this a case where they had not glued/welded a joint?
Old 08-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
New Camper

no it is a slip joint then you tighten the nut to make the friction fitting tight. Just strange that it did that b/c we never tow it, it sits at a seasonal sight.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
Seasonal Camper

MSNBC has video of a travel trailer build.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/32468163#32468163 I realize that some of it is time lapse. But with the speed they build these things (6 hrs on video) it is possible your plumbing fitting was never tightened. One thing I noticed at the beginning was the application of glue for the flooring. My 2010 Cruiser does not have the flooring fully glued. When I was vacuuming a couple weeks ago I noticed the vacuum would lift the flooring material if you used a rug head on the vacuum.