Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

We seem to have a leak that we thought was from inside the shower of our 2008 30SK Cruiser. The caulking around the inside of the shower had cracked, and we noticed some dripping in the side storage compartment where the hook-ups are - it is only when the shower is being used. The water drips between the outside wall and the plywood- at the top of the storage compartment opening. The old caulking was removed, new caulking applied, and we waited over 24 hours to use the shower - it didn't seem to leak with the first shower, but it started again with the 2nd shower, just a slow drip. Any ideas out there?

2008 CF30SK

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

5.9 Cummins.

2010 Candy red Mustang convert

https://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_0969-1.jpg
NCFUN2GO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have had some problems with leaks around the drain. After making sure the drain and attached plumbing was tight it seem to be OK for a time or two. It finely stopped when I replaced the washer between the shower floor and drain. I also had leaks around the shower enclosure and that too took a couple of times to caulk remove and clean and do over until it finely stopped. But the wall ummmm. The only thing on the wall is the shower valve and the gasket there. We have a picture that covers a hole were the fittings for that valve is located.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to ricktlm3
there is a drip pan under the shower glass walls with drain holes that are full of caulk .we had same leak. check with randy at the factory repair shop hope this helps

1966 chevelle 396

2012 325ck

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...cruiser005.jpg

ricktlm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

There is a panel in the kitchen cupboards that will expose the back side of the shower valve. Check there as well as the drain. I had a leak under the left side glass wall (next to vanity), get on your knees and look under the glass where it meets the shower pan. Water leaks of this type can be hard to find sometimes and you need to think like a detective. Grab the p-trap in the storage compartment and see if it moves at all.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanx to those who replied. It was a slow process , eliminating different areas, caulking, letting it set, and then running the shower again, etc. Finally located the leak - inside the lower corner of the shower around the glass and rubber gaskets on the wall side.Also the end of the drip pan was not sealed at the endnear the toilet , causing the water to runbetween the wall.Caulked them well, and all seems right with the world now. Staying in the Keys while the weather warms in North Carolina. Thanx again. Bob and Lynn

2008 CF30SK

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

5.9 Cummins.

2010 Candy red Mustang convert

https://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_0969-1.jpg
NCFUN2GO is offline   Reply With Quote