Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Has anyone replaced the water lines, sink faucets in their CR?

I was going to but the water lines are some sort of tubing and our local hardware stores can not help me out with any fittings, connectors, or other parts. "Pex-pipe"? is not the same and neither are the fittings.

I also rerouted our drain line under the kitchen sink and yes the pipe is standard plumbing pipe is is not the same the wall of the stuff in our trailer is thinner than the standard stuff (makes sense due to weight).

I wanted to replace some of the faucets and reroute water lines they also come up right in the middle of the cupboard, but without being able to find parts this is impossible.

What do the dealers do if one freezes a line and a repair needs to be performed?

this is the part of RV's that I fond so damn frustrating. Some parts and pieces are so unique that one can not find replacement or equal to parts, in order to do work as a DIYer.
egrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I was led to believe that it is standard 1/2" PEX tubing at least that's what it was on our previous trailer. Anyway a lot of people on here have had good luck with Shark Bite fittings from Home Depot.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

egrum, the PEX lines and fittings in our unit are 1/2". We just had our bathroom facet replaced on our last trip by a mobile RV tech and when we went to get the new facet at Lowe's he said to make sure it had 1/2" pipe fittings. He told me he gets all his PEX lines and fittings from either Home Depot or Lowes. Hope this helps.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

It is not a problem.The fittings on the end of the pex lines screw right to the faucet. I have replaced both kitchen and bath faucets.

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote