Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Water pressure

Does anyone now of the max water pressure our 2015 250RB can handle? The pipes are red and blue and apear to be pex but not sure. Many places demand you use a pressure regulator which I have. I found that pex is rated for 100 psi at 180 degree F which is quite high
The curent place I am at in Fernie BC uses city pressure at 82 psi
Smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Well that’s a loaded question that you’ll get different opinions on. So here’s mine. Some newer RVs state that their plumbing system can handle a water pressure of up to 100psi, but usually it’s recommended that you do not exceed 60psi. For older campers, I think most stay around 45-50psi. I think the usual brass RV regulators keep the water between 40-50. That’s what I use; a camco brass regulator.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
Site Team

I agree with Papa-T. Beside that I really don't see any reason to have more then 50# pressure in the RV. That's why they have regulators, and why everybody should make it a practice that the first item screwed onto the water spigot should be a regulator.
My present regulator dosen't have any adjustment. I think I'm going to upgrade to this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Esright-Press...travel+trailer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I think I will upgrade as well. I will take a look while I am down in Montana .
Old 08-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Pressure

40-50 is where I stay. I put a regulator with a gage so I can adjust,. I’m amazed at how parks vary.
Sportsfan949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
New Camper

Water Pressure

I work professionally with PEX and yes the tubing can handle it but the cheap fittings, elbows, connectors usually pop off over 60 or so. At work we use high pressure fittings but they are too expensive to put in an RV for a manufacturer so they use cheaper made in China fittings. Stick to no higher than 50psi and you should be fine.
Alex9063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #7
New Camper

Water pressure

Lloyd,
I use that regulator you posted. It has worked flawlessly.
gwglhgathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwglhgathome View Post
Lloyd,
I use that regulator you posted. It has worked flawlessly.

That's good to hear.
Thanks for the feed back.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Stick to no higher than 50psi and you should be fine.

Is 50 psi decent for taking a shower?
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

I have another related question. Some of my lines, or faucets have better flow than others. My 5tg wheel had been sitting for some time before we purchased it. Is there any good way to flush the lines if there is sedement, or buildup of some kind?
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab diesel w/ 8' bed
Old 08-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I agree with Papa-T. Beside that I really don't see any reason to have more then 50# pressure in the RV. That's why they have regulators, and why everybody should make it a practice that the first item screwed onto the water spigot should be a regulator.
My present regulator dosen't have any adjustment. I think I'm going to upgrade to this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Esright-Press...travel+trailer

I bought the exact same pressure regulator based on my brief research and Lloyd's endorsement.

It arrived conveniently the day before a short trip to the East coast. It seems very well made and appears accurate. Factory setting is 50 psi and at that setting delivered plenty of pressure throughout our RV.

I opened up the regulator to see if 60 psi made any difference but sadly there was only 55 psi available at the campground....wouldn't you believe it, the one time I WANTED 100 psi, it's not available... LOL.

Lloyd, thanks for the tip.
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Thanks all I agree with you all its just in my feeling they should build in a regulator if they put in lousy Chinese fittings I have all ready picked up an adjutable from amazon
Old 08-18-2018, 06:19 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Why adjustable?

If 50 psi is sufficient, why pay more for an adjustable regulator?
Old 08-18-2018, 06:23 AM   #14
Site Team

Most every adjustable regulator I have seen has a gauge. With that you know what you have for pressure. Other wise it's just a guess.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

DallasRules....to answer your question, I think it unlikely the water lines are clogged with sediment even it it sat for a long time. What IS likely is your aerators are clogged at the faucets. Try removing them and see if they are clogged.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:11 PM   #16
Seasonal Camper

Dallasrules,

I bought the adjustable regulator because it has a gauge and I can see what pressure the water is entering my system. Apparently most RV's are rated at about 75 psi, so erring on the safe side I was looking for 60 psi.

When I hooked up last week, the camp supply was 55 psi, so almost perfect. I still left the regulator inline set to 55 psi in case there was any fluctuation.

Had I used my old standard $ 6.00 inline reducer, which reduces whatever pressure there is available, I'd be getting something less than ideal in the coach. I know I could take it out, but what if there was a spike in water pressure?

My home water supply is 82 psi, I just tested it.

I guarantee the $25.00 I spent with Amazon, including shipping is less than the cost of any water leak or failure I might experience if something goes all pear shaped thanks to excessive pressure.

I hope this helps explain my reasoning.

Best regards
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:27 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

If one faucet flows better than another and hose not pinched, strainer screens on faucet tip usually need removal/ cleaning
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

I'd be leery about buying a pressure regulator off of Amazon. Most of the ones I looked had lots of bad reviews. I went with a Watts water regulator with stainless steel parts from here.

Yes, it a bit more money, but IMO it has been worth it.
229RBZinger is offline   Reply With Quote