Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

HiI have a new CF33LFP this is the second trailer that my wife and I have owened. Our first unit was a Forest River Cherokee 28A+. The concern that we have is that the water pressure and volume seems low when on the pump. Does anyone know any tricks?

The wife sure would like me to take a shower once in a while.

Thanks!

Scot?

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You can take the water flow controldisc out of the shower head and sinks and drill the holes out a littlelarger or take them out all together. Of course you will use more water if running off the fresh water tank.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Check for line constrictions at the pump and at the intake pipe running to the pump. Also on a newer trailer at the fixtures are low flow restricted wit the disc Hunter eluded to. I drilled mine open. Also, they sell pump upgrades and accumulators that can inrease flow x5 with very little $
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Hunter, I saw those discs and did not have a clue as to what they were for. I guess I would have the same flow issues ifI connect to a park water system? I will drill them out a little.

Thanks for the tip!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Mike.

This forum is fantastic I am so glad that I signed up it helped in choosing our trailer and now it has proved to be an asset for help.

Thanks all.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

There is a shower head out there on the market that adds air and increases water velocity. Others may know the name.

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbe & Diana
There is a shower head out there on the market that adds air and increases water velocity. Others may know the name.

It's available at CW here's the link. We love it one of the best aftermarket additions we purchased. It's pricey tho....

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...owerheads/5006

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

We use the chrome Oxygenic shower head and love it. I found it online cheaper than CW sells it for.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

WOW I will be ordering one of those up.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Isn't there a adjustable pressure adjustment on your pump? just a thought, i never looked. Or you might have a bad pump, wimp pump or kinked line or plugged inlet screen.

If you are running 2 gallons a minute you will use 20 gallons of water in 10 minutes. So have to watch out for that. You can easily fill you Grey tank pretty quickly. We do.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

I am hooked up to a large holding tank septic system thanks to the inlaws cottage so water use is not a major concern but my 3 year old needs a shower at least once a day and as it sat the pressure was so low that both the inside and outside showers were almost useless. I have ordered the shower head and I am going to try different sized holes on the flow disks.

Once again thanks to all for the advise very helpful.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Based on previous conversation of this thread I went out and bought an Oxygenics shower head. Here's my funny story about it.
I installed the new shower head and turned on the water, all I got was a little water squirting out of the middle of it, worse than my old shower head
I decided to check my pressure regulator and possibly change it out with a different one. I discovered that I had two regulators on my hose, one on each end.
To add a tiny bit of justification to this we have our camper parked at our lot where I had a regulator hooked to the faucet. When we parked our new 5er there I had installed a regulator inside the basement and forgot about the one on the faucet.
I removed the one on the faucet and went inside to check my new shower head, nada, still just a wimpy stream. I took the shower head out of the holder on the wall and accidentally rotated the little collar at the base of it and sprayed water all over myself
I guess I needed to be smarter than the shower head or else should have read the instructions. It sure is fun getting older
It now works as advertised and me and my DW like it a lot!

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskool
Isn't there a adjustable pressure adjustment on your pump? just a thought, i never looked. Or you might have a bad pump, wimp pump or kinked line or plugged inlet screen.

If you are running 2 gallons a minute you will use 20 gallons of water in 10 minutes. So have to watch out for that. You can easily fill you Grey tank pretty quickly. We do.
There are no adjustments on the pumps, there can be restictions in the supply lines but those are rare. Upgrading the pump to a variable pump is one method but it is pricey, about $200 for the pump.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskool

There are no adjustments on the pumps, there can be restictions in the supply lines but those are rare. Upgrading the pump to a variable pump is one method but it is pricey, about $200 for the pump.
Here is a quote from shurflo's site. I thought I remembered reading this a few years back.

. Increase the shut-off pressure setting of the pump by turning the adjustment screw on the

switch ... to reduce cycling, keep water flow constant and ...

</span>

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote