Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkdamon
I installed pump silencing kit today and wow what a difference! They should have them on from the factory. Still waiting on the accumulator. Let you know when I get it on.

Where did you find a pump silencing kit? I looked in two different RV catalogs and didn't find such an animal.
mosledder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
Site Team

I think if you go back to the first page for this thread, read Hunter11's post and check the link he posted you will have your answer.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #23
New Camper

I got mine off of e-bay.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #24
New Camper

Just installed accumulator took about 15 min. now the pump runs a third of what it used to. Took away all of the pulsing also. well worth the 75.00 spent on acc. and silencing kit. Again thanks for your help!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:16 AM   #25
Site Team

Hamops:
I called that company up in Canada you gave me the link to, and they won't sell me a filter canister like yours.
Figure that one.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Old 06-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

It may not be allowed in the US.

Maybe it's on the dual use list! Can't be too careful with Rv terrorists

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23
It may not be allowed in the US.

Maybe it's on the dual use list! Can't be too careful with Rv terrorists

You spelt that wrong.....Dat's "tourorists"Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Hamops:
I called that company up in Canada you gave me the link to, and they won't sell me a filter canister like yours.
Figure that one.

I guess they're worrying about the US dollar. Well now, you'll just have come up to Canader here eh, and buy one. The snow's pretty well gone now and the beer is better. Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Old 06-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Hamops:
Figure that one.

I guess they're worrying about the US dollar. Well now, you'll just have come up to Canader here eh, and buy one. The snow's pretty well gone now and the beer is better.
Beer is definitely better!!!! I have sampled a lot of it!!
I see shurflow has their own accumulator. Just alittle guy and has a pressurized bladder. Looks interesting.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #30
Seasonal Camper

So what does this piece do extra for the water pump???? As ours really makes a lot of noise when we turn on the faucets. We just foundout that there is a spring that goes along with the checkvalve that wasn't replaced by our RV dealership in the fallafter awinterizing for the winter and a check for the water valves as they were whining. So we took the trailer out to Starved Rock State Park for our firstcampout. We filled up with water tank, hooked everything up, proceeded toturn the water pump onthen openedthe faucets on to release the air, finding then we had no Water Pressurecoming from the hot waterfaucets. Cold was good, but not hot water.Ugh!After our trip we had to take it back intothe dealer for repairs again. At least they didn't charge us for the appointment or spring they forgot to put before.Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #31
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany
So what does this piece do extra for the water pump???? As ours really makes a lot of noise when we turn on the faucets. We just foundout that there is a spring that goes along with the checkvalve that wasn't replaced by our RV dealership in the fallafter awinterizing for the winter and a check for the water valves as they were whining. So we took the trailer out to Starved Rock State Park for our firstcampout. We filled up with water tank, hooked everything up, proceeded toturn the water pump onthen openedthe faucets on to release the air, finding then we had no Water Pressurecoming from the hot waterfaucets. Cold was good, but not hot water.Ugh!After our trip we had to take it back intothe dealer for repairs again. At least they didn't charge us for the appointment or spring they forgot to put before.Karen

The accumulator keeps pressure on the system so that the pump isn't pulsing when you have a demand for water. This reduces the noise from the pump because the pump isn't pulsing as much. You can purchase a special made accumulator for your pump or you can do like I did and jerry rig one.

Sounds like the valving on your hot water tank was in the winterizing mode and not in the summer mode. As for the spring that is in the pump......hmmm, I don't understand why the pump was worked on when your trailer was winterized. Was there a problem with the pump? You and your DH can easily winterize your trailer by yourselves and save the cash.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Old 06-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #32
Seasonal Camper

I was thinking my accumulator should be close to the pump but since my pump is in a very small cabinet between the recliners I don't think there is room. Does the placement of the accumulator make any difference?
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #33
New Camper

The accumulator can be placed anywhere in the pressurized side of the plumbing.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #34
Seasonal Camper

The dealer owed us a winterizing so we took them up on it. plus there was a problem last year with the water pipes that made a whinning noise eah time we turned them on.

so last fall we took the trailer in for the work & winterizing. No water pump work was done.

so what ever work they did on the checkvalve or didn't the proplem was there when we took the trailer out for camping. so we called the dealer again took it in & they said there was a part missing from the checkvalve whichthey called a spring. So that was replaced & everything waschecked out, water now runs from the hot water faucets.!!! Sometimes I think that the workmanship is not what it use to be!!! When we bring home the trailer we'll double check again before we leave to go toTurkey Run State Park In. thanks for the info tho we'll kep it in mind. We have had some major thunderstorms the last couple of days with some hail. this month of June has not been camping weather at all, hope July is better.Karen
Old 06-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #35
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany
When we bring home the trailer we'll double check again before we leave to go toTurkey Run State Park In. thanks for the info tho we'll kep it in mind. We have had some major thunderstorms the last couple of days with some hail. this month of June has not been camping weather at all, hope July is better.Karen

Tuscany, is this your first trip to Turkey Run State Park? We visited there last year and had a great time on the trails. They have a really good trail system. We also did a four hour canoe trip which was really fun. Although with all the rain we have had the creek may be to high to safely do the canoe trip.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #36
Seasonal Camper

Actually not, we've been there many times in the past. We are going July 16 departing the 21st. Also taking our 8yr old granddaughter Zoe. This will be her first time there, as well as having her for a full week camping. we are interested in the canoeing, did you go out with an group or by yourselves?? We have had 25 in of rain this spring & the start of summer so I would imagine that water levels are high in surrounding states too!Have you been toProphet's Town State Parkin Indiana. That's a real clean park good washrooms big spaces. Great Place! There is a non profit wolf park close by that you can visit. Lectures on wolves, as well as learning to howl with the wolves. Great for all ages. Lots of history in that area if you are into that. That last storm we had here on Friday had 60 mile hr. winds. We were okay, but had lots of rain. Karen