Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

water pump question

I bought my trailer new last year and really never used the water pump. Put the camper in storage for the winter, and went to use the camper this weekend and run the water off the tank instead of city water hook up. Problem being the water pump seems to lose prime or has an issue. If you run just a little water you can hear the pump motor humming but not really pumping and will stay in that mode until you keep the water running. Then I lose all water pressure, and you'll hear the pump kick in like it got prime and finally will regain water pressure and flow. Shut faucet off and you will hear pump run till pressure in lines builds as it should and then it will shut off. Any ideas on what may be going on???

Thanks,
Mike
mlockner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Site Team

If you don't have all the air bled off, including the water heater, it will act like that.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Lloyd I will check that out when we get a break in the rain.

Mike
Old 05-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

When my Z1 does that it's because there is still air in the line going back to the bathroom faucet and toilet...

Matt & Kirsten - Seekonk, Massachusetts
2015 Z-1 252TD Toy Hauler
2002 AVALANCHE 2500 8.1L Z85
ConveyTrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

x2 on bleeding toilet and bathroom sink and shower. it is the furthest away from pump and always seems to be the culprit when bleeding the air out of lines.
SCT Flash 4X tune
Billstein upgrade shocks and dampener
2008 Crossroads Cruiser 32BL
RADMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Yes...I usually bleed the kitchen, then bathroom sink, then shower. Try that and see if it solves your problem.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Site Team

Before your first trip of the year you should sanitize and flush your lines and water heater with city water. That will help eliminate air pockets when you use the fresh water tank for water. Also, make sure you burp the hot water heater when filling the lines.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thanks for all the input. When I get a break from the rain here in CO. I'll get out there and look at those things and post what I find.

Mike
Old 05-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

So I found the issue. When I winterized my camper last fall I took the fittings off the pump for the intake and output. When I did that a rubber seal type thing fell out of the suction side fitting and was hiding down in there amongst all the hoses and crap in the area where the water pump and water heater are. Put that back in and now all works well. Must have been losing prime because it was not there. I did check all the lines for air as suggested and found nothing there. That is why I dug deeper into the pump area. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Mike
Old 05-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #10
New Camper

Just before the very first getaway with the season you must clean in addition to remove the collections in addition to water heater with location water. That can help eradicate atmosphere pouches usually when you use the fresh water aquarium with regard to water. Likewise, make sure you burp the particular hot water heat tank when completing the particular collections.
robles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

that "seal like thing" that fell out from the intake side of the pump is your water filter. Going forward make sure that it is kept free of crap. Otherwise you will be ditw (dead in the water) It's a good idea to carry an extra filter as a spare.
fuzzdr is offline   Reply With Quote