I am new to camping and have a 2014 Zinger ZT 250 RB. Camper and I believe I do not have my valves set right, the water pump runs most of the time, I have a set of valves outside behind the right side wheels that I can turn with a special rod but I have no idea how this valve Assy. Works or how to set it, could anyone help me?
1) Do you have water in the fresh water tank?
2) If you are hooked to city water, then you need to turn the pump off.
3) Maybe one of the low point drain valves is open, in which case you won't have any water pressure.
4) Sometimes there is too much air in the line for the pump to prime.
5) There should be a short hose and valve attached to the pump for adding antifreeze and this valve may be open.
6) Pump may be defective.
The outside valves (probably with black handles) that need the rod to operate have nothing to do with the water pump, they are to drain the waste tanks.
Larry pretty much covered the possibilities. However, if the valves you're referring to, are on the passenger side, not driver's side, more then likely the are winterizing valves to empty your tanks and lines.
Make sure they are all closed and follow his list.
Let us know what you find?