Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
New Camper

Red face Water pump went out?

Hi there - Our water pump went out after being turned on accidently dry for ~10-20 minutes when we arrived at camp this weekend. Called customer service and I just got an answer that "it probably went out" and it "needs to be replaced". Where is the water pump anyway, and isn't there an in line fuse to it? Crossroads Sunset Reserve 26BH.
riordanzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I think I am experiencing the same issue. I have a 2016 ST 270BH. I went to use my fresh water while hooked up at home and no water was coming out. UGH! I think I have 3 days left on my warranty (but I do have an extended warranty through Good Sam).

---Following---
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

It's 12 volt so there is a fuse maybe two.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riordanzoo View Post
Hi there - Our water pump went out after being turned on accidently dry for ~10-20 minutes when we arrived at camp this weekend. Called customer service and I just got an answer that "it probably went out" and it "needs to be replaced". Where is the water pump anyway, and isn't there an in line fuse to it? Crossroads Sunset Reserve 26BH.
The water pump on your model should be inside the driver side night stand next to the bed. There should be a couple screws in either the top panel or side panel that you remove to lift the panel out of place to service the water pump.

I don't know where your fuse panel is in your model trailer, but yes, there is a 12v fuse that needs to be checked.

If the pump did burn out, replacing it is not that difficult and it gives you a chance to upgrade to a much better, and quieter, pump than the factory installed in the first place.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

The factory pump is an Artis (i think) and mine started leaking with in 3 weeks , now I have a flo jet. Leave the 4 screws out after you take them out of the cover and put a small drawer pull knob on the right front side under the mattress for when you need to get in there..ex: winterizing.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:23 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

My pump also went about a month ago right before my first big road trip. Called the dealer and mobile service was in my driveway two days before we departed and replaced the pump under our extended warranty. The factory pump was junk to begin with. The replacement pump is ten times quieter and supplies water almost equal to city pressure.

Before I called, I checked the fuses, power supply, etc. Everything checked out okay. When the pump goes, it just goes. I would think it would have at least tripped the fuse. The technician who came out told me that the factory pumps are the cheapest junk available and that there is an internal rubber disk that routinely pops and results in failure.