Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I'm wondering if anyone else on the forum has had water seepage issues with their slideouts.

We have a 2011 Cruiser 30SKP and after opening our unit from winter storage we noticed that there was some water seepage on the wall directly above the kitchen slide. We didnt' notice this of course until we brought the slide in as it's hidden behind the trim at the top of the slideout.

I've just emailed the dealer so we'll see what they say.

Aline, David and our Golden (Jackson)

2011 Crossroads Cruiser 30SKP

2007 Chev Silverado Duramax Diesel

orchid_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Did you have the unit in storage with the slides open. Thats what it sounds like. If so, maybe snow or rain blew in under the exterior seals, or maybe the top seal wasn't properly deployed.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Well of course we had the slides in as we live in Ontario, Canada and it wouldn't make any sense to have them out even a little bit.
As for the rubber seal over the slide well we just assume when the slides are in that we have a tight seal but perhaps that's not always the case. I've sent the pictures to our dealer to see what they say about it.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Sorry about the slide position question, but I wasnt't sure from your post. I have seen them left open. It seems very odd that water would wick upward to an area above the slide. Could it have been some type of condensation affect?
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I am guessing the slide does not have a "topper" on it. If that is the case, could ice have built up around the top of the slide and then melted and been forced into the coach around the seal? Something like an "ice dam" will do on a roof?
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I have to say that it is a strange place to see water seepage. Dalemac no worries about your comment....I've seen people with their slides out as well just not in our Northern winters. The water spotting was too wet to be condensation, especially since the rest of the trailer was dry as a bone.

Chuck you are right we don't have a topper installed on our slide....not sure about the ice damming effect....something to think about.

We didn't notice it when we first opened up our trailer after it had been in storage for the winter but then it's pretty much hidden behind the trim of the slide. I'll have to see if I can post the pic that I sent the dealer. We had a downpour after we opened up the slide and we are wondering if perhaps the top seal didn't seat itself properly after being stored in the cold. Some water could have gotten trapped inside when we brought it the slide...a long shot but a possibility. Our cruiser is just under one year old and we've not had this issue before now.

I haven't had any responses that anyone else has experienced this problem. Thankfully it's not done any real damage other than some water marks and that's mostly hidden behind the slide trim. We do want to make sure it doesn't happen again though.

Edited by: orchid_57

Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Luckily, water leaks on slides isn't a common Crossroads issue. I'm sure the dealer can assist in figuring this out for you.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

I agree with Lonnie if that side was more in the shade you could have had an ice dam build up and the water trapped below would seek the trail of least resistance the seal. the awning rolls up in that spot and would help keep the snow and ice from too bad of a build up

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote