Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
New Camper

Water tank filling issue

We filled up the fresh water tank on our Rezerve 31bh for the first time. A few minutes into it, water came shooting out of the fill and vent like it was full. I checked the gauge and it was still on empty. Added more water, and the same thing happened. Turned down the water pressure, same thing. Only able to fill for a couple of minutes before it shoots out. Anyone have any suggestions or causes? This didn't happen on the last camper.
stickcfd38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you're having troubles. I'm unfamiliar with your camper, but you may be able to find where the filler hose comes through the outside wall into the camper before passing through the floor to the tank. I would try to find it and make sure there are no kinks anywhere in the hose causing a stoppage.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Are you using one of these?

If not, it will help. For lack of a better explanation, the water entering and the air trying to escape can make the tank appear full when not. This helps to eliminate that problem.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
Are you using one of these?

If not, it will help. For lack of a better explanation, the water entering and the air trying to escape can make the tank appear full when not. This helps to eliminate that problem.

I think the way this thing works--is it gets down in the filler hose far enough to be past the air vent thus allowing water and air to exchange space a little easier.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #5
New Camper

Yes I have been using one for years. I have never had this problem before, which is why I'm a little confused. The first time it blew back out was a few minutes into it. I'm wondering if there is some kind of kink in the fill hose going into the tank.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickcfd38 View Post
Yes I have been using one for years. I have never had this problem before, which is why I'm a little confused. The first time it blew back out was a few minutes into it. I'm wondering if there is some kind of kink in the fill hose going into the tank.
I think if the fill hose was kinked, it would back up right away, not after a few minutes. My guess is a kinked/blocked vent tube.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #7
New Camper

A kinked vent line is something I have never thought of. I will have to investigate further when I get some time. Thank you for the suggestions.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
A kinked vent line is something I have never thought of. I will have to investigate further when I get some time. Thank you for the suggestions.
If it did not happen before I doubt that it is kinked. Blocked somehow...could be?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 08-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
If it did not happen before I doubt that it is kinked. Blocked somehow...could be?
Both of mine (fill and vent) pass through an under-seat storage area. I'm not familiar with his layout, but thought perhaps some shifting cargo could have pushed his hose in a way to kink. I only place soft stuff (towels, bedding) in that area of my TT.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:39 AM   #10
New Camper

Quote:
This was the first time we have used our camper.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
This was the first time we have used our camper.
I miss understood when you said you had been using one for years that it was on a different camper. I cannot see my tank. If you can it should be easy to check. You might also try filling it a little slower. I have to slow down when it is approximately 3/4 full if I want to fill it completely.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 08-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

In bound water pressure to high? Not allowing air to bleed off fast enough? Try filling slowly, if you found no kinks anywhere that is.
TNTINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #13
New Camper

I finally had a chance to look in the area under the oven where the fill and vent tubing passes through. I was hoping to find a kinked hose, but no luck for a simple fix. I can see the hoses from where they come in to where they go down into the floor. Does anyone have any other suggestions?