Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Lloyd, i use a 6" orbital buffer from harbor freight with a terry cloth bonnet $18, Put it on and work it in until wax is almost dry.Take it off with just a towel. don't get to far ahead of your self it gets harder to take off. Trial and error. I usually takes me and my wife about 1 hour and A half to do Kingston.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:33 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun TBoy View Post
Lloyd, i use a 6" orbital buffer from harbor freight with a terry cloth bonnet $18, Put it on and work it in until wax is almost dry.Take it off with just a towel. don't get to far ahead of your self it gets harder to take off. Trial and error. I usually takes me and my wife about 1 hour and A half to do Kingston.

Hour and half to do that big Kingston.

WOW! You guys are tigers!!

Thanks Brent.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun TBoy View Post

Brent, I was just rereading your post.
I have a 10 in. orbital buffer, and the wax applicator pad has some type of plastic material on the inside. In my thinking that keeps the wax off the buffer pad, and the wax goes a lot further in the applying. I also have the terry cloth bonnets and I use them for the buffing and wax removal after it drys.

Have you ever checked to see if you could get a wax applicator pad like that for your buffer?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Lloyd, i have tried both ways put wax on with buffer and remove by hand and put on by hand and take off with buffer. I find since I had carpal tunnel surgery on both hand it is easier and it goes in deeper putting it on with machine. i use White Magic by AUTO MAGIC it is made for white and light colors.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Lloyd
I use Turtle Wax Ice...It is a polymer like Mark was talking about on page 1...It can be applied on almost every surface without leaving white residue...I apply the Ice by hand and remove it by hand also, very easy to use, no excess elbow grease needed...I have also seen the buffer that Brent is talking about at Harbor Freight and think I will be buying one this year...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote