Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

If your like me I like a clean rig and I have gone through a ton of products trying to find my favorite. Here are a couple products that I have found to work the best.

Fukken Wax http://www.fukkenwax.ca/index.php: I have used this product for over a year now and buy it buy the case. It works really good at removing black streaks and oxidation and giving your camper or vehicle the just waxed feel and look. Its the best product I have found to remove black streaks and bugs.

MTM Foam Cannon http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Foam-Lance-Adjustable-Bottle/dp/B004GNZYY4 This is awesome to put on the end of your power washer. If you want to see it in action and you can look it up on utube. Coats your camper with a coating of thick foam. It saves time when washing. It only uses 3 to 4 oz. of soap

Adam's Polishes http://www.adamspolishes.com This company has some really good detail products and everything they sell is American made. I use their car shampoo in the foam cannon and if works really well. They also sell an all purpose cleaner that work great on tires and black streaks as well but it will strip you wax. They have the great white towel that is awesome for drying off the camper, works just as good if not better then anything I have used.

Solvit
Cleaning the rubber roof and general cleaning

I don't work for any of these companies nor I'm I tied to any of these companies in any way, These are just some of the products that I have found that work well and it seems like the question comes up a lot on here about what people use to clean their rig.

Edited by: longhauler

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I have been using Turtle wax synthetic polish lately. Works great on all surfaces so far. Makes the black trim shine good too.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:23 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I use Thetford products for the roof. I wash 2X a year and it works great.

I use car-wash soap for the body (aluminum) and wipe dry with a spray-on Turtlewax. Black streaks come right off and she stays shiny.

I avoid powerwashing. If not careful, you can inadvertently power-wash all the caulking out. I know you can set it low, but don't need to use one since unit stays fairly clean. Typically ours gets a full bath 2-3 times a year.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Roof: Thetford RV Roof Cleaner & Conditioner. I try to clean the roof 3 to 4 times per season. My unit sits in an enclosed shed when not in use. When I bought the used Cruiser, it had heavy mold on the roof. I used Tilex mold & mildew remover on it. Spray it on, let it set for 15 minutes, work it with a brush, then rinse thoroughly, including keeping the sides rinsed as you go to prevent discoloration of the decals.

Body Wash: Thetford RV Wash & Wax. I try to wash it at least one a month during camping season, or every trip if pulled in the rain or bugs are heavy.

Body Wax: Turtle Wax spray wax. I've had pretty good luck with it on other campers, although I haven't waxed this one yet and it has some oxidation on the front cap. Some of the guys on here offered advice on products to remove oxidation, which I will try.

Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
New Camper

Bounce fabric sheets work extremely well for removing bugs. Add some water and a little bit of rubbing and even the most stubborn bug guts will wash right off.
TheVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote