Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering, in my TV area there is the connection from the batwing ant. on the roof, an electrical outlet and the 12volt power outlet.

Then below the TV shelf is another shelf that the dvd player sit in. The dvd player shelf has another coax fitting in the wall like the one up above in the tv shelf area, is this for the cable hookup outside?

Also if I hook up the cable to the outside of the trailer (we have a place where the cablecomes in from outside), then does the signal go throughout the trailer and send a cable signal to the tv area in the livingroom and also to the tv area in the bedroom? (in the bedroom there is only the electrical outlet, 12 volt outlet and the outlet for the batwing ant. there is no other coax outlet in the bedroom)

Thanks

Brian

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The connection below the shelf is probably a satellite connection. The coax in my unit runs from the outside hookup, to the amp, and then from the amp it splits to the bedroom and outside tv (if you have one).
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:19 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Excellent, thank you. I went out and opened up where my cable goes into the trailer from outside and lo and behold there was the sat. dish hook up also under the same cover. I never noticed it was there as you have to bend down and look up to see the sat. hookup. Thanks Stan for your help.

Brian

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I am having the same difficulty I think as fixit5561 had--- I am trying to get a signal in my bedroom but it only has a tv outlet that has the 12v outlet in it and I am not getting a signal. In the main living area there is a regular tv outlet thathas just acoax connection and a separate outlet that has a 12v connection. Do I use the coax outlets that have the 12vconnectionby using the alternate connection on the outside?

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I believe in order to get the cable or satellite signat into the bedroom, you will have to install a "splitter". This will allow you to send the signal to two sets at once. Radio Shack and others have them. They can tell you how to hook them up.

This post has a diagram that might help.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...;PID=8808#8808Edited by: BipeFlier

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I bought a transmitter and receiver from Radio Shack that I hook to the Living Rm TV (Transmitter) and hook the receiver to the TV in the bedroom.Picks up what ever isgoing to the Livingroom TV in the Bedroom.Dont have to hookup anything else.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info. I will try the splitter. I want to be able to watch two different channels on the tvsso the transmitter and receiver are not what I am looking for.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Ok...while we're on the electronics subject....I'm wondering why the sound for my lr tv and radio, etc., is only broadcasting on the speakers on one side of the rig only....thats not surround sound to me...to be honest I've not checked any connections yet though, any suggestions?

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

As I recall my speakers were not connected correctly when I received the rig. Since yours is an 07 as well, that might be your problem. Also, if you have the el-cheapo DVD player, I seem to recall the surround sound only works with a DVD.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote