Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
What's up with the Dicor roofing material? I have always had Alpha Systems EPDM or TPO roofing material and they offer really good product suggestions that are in every home. I go to the Dicor website to look for a material data sheet and what to use for cleaning and they just list a cleaner they manufacturer, period!

Are these guys dumb? Alpha list Spic n' Span, AJAX, Tilex, etc.... They don't even attempt to sell a "special product" for the roof while Dicor just gives you a single solution, theirs!!!

Anyone have any sucess with a certian household cleaner on their Dicor EPDM roofing material?
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Spic and span works well,

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I wish I could find the Spic n' Span granular. It is no longer in this area.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Amazon.com try this
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Mike I found my last batch two months ago at a Dollar General. I think if you do a search that some one found it on line

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Cool - I have a fe Dollar Generals and Dollar Tree stores, might be wortha try tomorrow. My roof becuase of the wet summer is nasty.

Also, my awning, slide toppers are moldy this year. First time I have had mildew/mold issues with the roof, awning and slide toppers on any camper. I'm using the Tilex method on the awning material tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I had to order S&S on-line and was told they no longer make it for sale. I ordered two boxes, but have not used them yet. Hope they work much better than the liquid.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I ended up using granular Tide with a shot of bleach mixed in for the slide toppers, awning and roof. About a 4 hour job, I got everything cleaned and rinsed then washed the coach itself with my typical Meguair's products. Camper looks good and seals are good for the most part. I did find a few places on the roof that need touching up which is shocking given this is only a year and a few months old. The dealership had already touched up several spots on the roof straight fromt he factory, a lot of the sealant around the vents and skylight had air bubbles in them, dealership popped them and filled in with Dicor.

Roof membrane looked good and just a reminder - that roof is slippery when wet.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

We just replaced the vinyl trim on our 2007 today. After replacing it the roof and slide wipers looked very dirty. We tried, Spic/Span powder, Tilex, and RV Roof Cleaners bought from CW. None of them worked real well so we finally tried 50/50 bleach and water. It worked great! Our roof looks like new and the slide wipers look much better but not like new. All of the dirt and grime came off but the mildew spots did not come off the slide wipers but they still look so much better. While I used a brush with the bleach/water on the roof my wife stood below with a hose so that as I swept the bleachy water off the camper, she had the hose right there to keep it from streaking the sides. Camper looks great. I would recommend wetting the roof before putting the bleachy water on it. Next weekend we will re-caulk everything followed by a weekend of washing/waxing. Should get us through the winter which is when we do most of our camping here in Florida.

Land O Lakes, FL

2007 CF29CK

Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote