Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello friends! We need to change the battery on our 2006 Crossroads Paradise Pointe 36 ft. travel trailer. We have it parked at a lake site right now and don't have access at this point, so thus my question - what type of battery do I need to get to replace? If we were there, we would know, but since we aren't, and are thinking that this is the problem for our recent electric problems, we want to bring a new battery with us when we go out there this weekend! Can anyone tell me what type to buy? DC?? THANKS!
lovetocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Assuming you have only one-----I would think any 12V deep cycle would work for you. You probably could get by with 24, a 27 series is a bigger battery.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thank you, my friend, so very much!!!! Happy camping!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Unless your terminals/cables are long enough, you should know what side is positive and negative. If it is set in a plastic box as many are, the dimensions are important to ensure it drops in properly.

Definitely a deep cycle as suggested above and always go with the highest capacity, at least 750 mca and 115 amp hoursjust to be safe. More than likely its a 27 series like "Old Farmer" suggests.

There are only a couple of mfg's and several retailers private label theirs.I've had success with Walmart or Costco batteries, knowing their warranty to return is excellent within the warranty period.

Enjoy.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thank you so very much!!! Much appreciated! You guys are great!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

As suggested above, you should know if it is a 24 or 27. If it's a 27 and you buy a 24 you will not have as much capacity. If it's a 24 and you buy a 27 it might not fit in the battery case. Without having access to the trailer, your best source would be another owner, or contact Crossroads directly. If you dry camp you may want to increase your capacity by investigating even higher capacity batteries. A 30 series, a 4D, an 8D, or two 6 volt batteries in series are all good possibilities.

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

lovetocamp, as you can see by my sig, we have an 05 PP36SK and it has a 27DP-DL battery in the vented box. Hope this helps.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thank you all SOO much for the help! I think my best bet is to call Crossroads directly and make sure we get the right one. Will be doing that today! Thanks to all!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I replaced mine with a group 27, we don't dry camp so all we need is a single battery, but the battery did fit in the bix that came with my PP

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

thanks!!
Old 02-16-2021, 12:19 PM   #11
New Camper

I’m having electrical issues as well and I’m trying to figure this out. Could you please tell me the issues you had and if the new battery did the trick?
Thanks so much.
Sherrie Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #12
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2millers View Post
Unless your terminals/cables are long enough, you should know what side is positive and negative. If it is set in a plastic box as many are, the dimensions are important to ensure it drops in properly.

Definitely a deep cycle as suggested above and always go with the highest capacity, at least 750 mca and 115 amp hoursjust to be safe. More than likely its a 27 series like "Old Farmer" suggests.

There are only a couple of mfg's and several retailers private label theirs.I've had success with Walmart or Costco batteries, knowing their warranty to return is excellent within the warranty period.

Enjoy.
If the battery you chose has CCA, CA or MCA (cold cranking amps, cranking amp or marine cranking amps) listed on the top it's NOT a true deep cycle rv suited battery, but rather a hybrid used for starting engines or running a trolling motor & will not have the lifespan of a true deep cycle in a rv. A true deep cycle, group 24, 27 or 31, will only have aH (amp hours) listed.
Connecting 2 - 6 volt golf cart batteries in series is a good option if boondocking
occasionally, connecting 4 will get several days of boondocking unless running the furnace is necessary.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrie Oh View Post
I’m having electrical issues as well and I’m trying to figure this out. Could you please tell me the issues you had and if the new battery did the trick?
Thanks so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If the battery you chose has CCA, CA or MCA (cold cranking amps, cranking amp or marine cranking amps) listed on the top it's NOT a true deep cycle rv suited battery, but rather a hybrid used for starting engines or running a trolling motor & will not have the lifespan of a true deep cycle in a rv. A true deep cycle, group 24, 27 or 31, will only have aH (amp hours) listed.
Connecting 2 - 6 volt golf cart batteries in series is a good option if boondocking
occasionally, connecting 4 will get several days of boondocking unless running the furnace is necessary.

I don't know if anybody noticed-----but this thread is 10 years old. Not to likely some of these members are still active.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:25 PM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Hi Sherrie, I'm sure you didn't notice at first, but you responded to a post that is many years old. We are happy to help you on your original post.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote