Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   CrossRoads RV Family Forum > CrossRoads | Tech > General RV Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
max
Weekend Camper

Sorry to ask such a simple question, but....

its crunch time - made an offer on a 26 ST Reserve and its almost time to close or move on.
I am suddenly intrigued bythe Cruiser AIRE I viewed today. Yes I know its the lighter version of the Cruiser...but the weight is similar to the ST i have made an offer on.

The reason I ask is because in my area one dealer has ST's and Zingers and another dealer has the Cruisers and Zingers. All I get from the salesmen are, "they are basically the same'.

I went to the other dealer and saw a 28' Cruiser AIRE with a potentially GREAT/BETTER floorplan for my family that the 26' ST.

I wouild LOVE to hear some feedback from actual owners on this one on...

1. Construction
2. Experience - warranty/build quality
3. Perception

Are they built in the same place?

THX in advance.

Edited by: max
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Max --- I can't speak to the issue of construction. I am writeing to say make sure the floorplan is the one that fits your needs, or you will be looking for something else in a couple of years. I know one couple that bought a camper without thinking about how the floorplan will fit their needs and have ended up buying two other campers since their first purchace My wife and I took almost three years to pick our first camper. Although our kids are grown, we have grandkids we take camping with us. Should we buy a bunkhouse camper or a floorplan just for the two of us. We decided that the floorplan for us was best and when we take the grandkids they sleep on the pull out sofa, works best for us, as we do most of our camping as a couple. JMHO. Good luck with your search
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I agree, floor plan is more important than any of your other concerns in this case. Years ago, Crossroads had multiple small plants and sometimes popular models would be built in multiple plants to cover demand. Otherwise, it is very common for multiple models and brands to be built one behind the other in the same plant, volumes are just too low to do otherwise. So the ST and Cruiser AIRE may be built in the same plant with the same workers and quality/construction. But I don't know for sure. I think the Cruiser AIRE line is too new on the market to know if there is any perception difference (good or bad) compared to the ST Reserve.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I'd go with the Floor Plan that fits your needs best. You will be happier by far.
1/2 timers is offline   Reply With Quote