Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #21
Site Team

The sad part about this is CR use to state in the owners manual to raise the trailer by placing the jack and blocking under the frame.
I to use a jack under the axle. I place mine out on the axle far enough so I can adjust the brakes when I'm done with the bearings. The angle iron on the top of the jack cradles and supports the axle and spreads out the weight.

Some how this wheel torque thread got high jacked to a jacking thread.
Sorry alleycat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1619.jpg (144.3 KB, 2 views)
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Well up till about 2-3 months always had a small 2 ton hydraulic floor jack stashed onboard in a handy spot in the front through and through. That was till 1 day I needed a 2nd floor jack in the garage and that thing lost its oil and proved its worthlessness. So replaced it with a scissor jack. Now a few very important things IMO need addressing first, my trailers weight which is 7000 lbs true weight, and how much space between the ground and where your jacking onto it with a flat tire. I also believe under the axle so through the previous floor jack into the garbage and got a failsafe mechanical scissor jack 3300 lb, I had a bracket welded onto the top and jack for under the axle ubolts, plus I threw away its crank and with a file modified the end so I can jack it up with a 6 sided 1'' socket(I think it was a 1 inch socket) and with the 1/2 inch drive ratchet. I made a board that is mounted in my through and through that everything needed for tire problems is mounted to. Mounted to that board is my strong arm plus 13/16 socket, ratchet with it's 1'' socket, 3/4 '' socket, jack, things specific to changing the trailer tire, a light, pill bottle with grease for hitch. Everything you'll need if that dreaded situation should arise. And maybe this might be one time when fate will hold true that with any luck at all I'll never need any of it. But probably not that lucky.
https://www.amazon.ca/Powerbuilt-640...motive&sr=1-22