Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #1
New Camper

Who has replaced their mattress?

Hello everyone! We have a 2016 Sunset trail 270BH that came with a terrible foam mattress. Both my husband and I have permanent butt indentations on our sides so it’s time to change things up. I initially thought to buy a hybrid mattress, but those seem to weigh a lot more than even your standard spring mattress and I don’t want to lose the option to access the under bed storage. I would love to have a standard queen spring mattress but I don’t even know if it’s possible to get a mattress (which isn’t stuffed inside of a box) in the bedroom since the tv and cabinet is at the foot of the bed. I am afraid to get another foam mattress because this one has not performed well and am uninterested in just covering it with a foam topper. What have you done?
Tonialax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We bought the short-queen, inner-spring mattress from a vendor on Amazon for about $300. It is amazing! BUT! It is heavy, and I don't know how we'll ever get it out if we need to. Once unrolled, it expanded like you wouldn't believe! It's about 10" high, so it's more of a jump into bed. Had to get my wife a footstool to get into bed. Easy to hit your head on the overhead cabinet when getting up. The air shocks just barely lift the whole thing up when getting underneath. I always give it an extra brace before sticking my head down under the bed. BUT, it sleeps like a dream, and is very comfortable. I would not go back to the padded wrestling mat they give you with the camper!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
Kab
Weekend Camper

We bought the foam one from amazon that swells up when you take it out of the wrap.
Have had no issues, no indents, was around $200
We have a similar one in our house
Kab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We have bought 2 replacement mattresses from Mattress Insider and love them both!
Old 08-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #5
Site Team

We are also thinking about replacing the mattress in our cruiser. Not only where did you buy from but which mattress did you get? Just checked Mattress Insider and they have a discount at check out that expires today. Looking at the innerspring one. And also they have a good return policy. If we buy one will post about it.

Happy Camping!!
dagst1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We replaced both of ours with the gel foam, we are more than happy with both of them. The one replacement was for the dinette table when used for a bed, those cushions just don't cut it,. We purchased the sofa bed mattress for that one and my son and his wife were very pleased when they slept on it. Ours was a thicker one, has the cooling gel and hubby and I love it! The customer service is fantastic and very knowledgeable along with a great return policy should you give them a call. I think you will be pleased with whatever choice you make..Good luck
Old 08-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #7
Site Team

Well just pulled the trigger on a new mattress from mattress insider. Ordered the 8" Park Meadow Pocketed Coil Rv Mattress II. Should be in before Labor day. Will post a review after we use it. Also anyone looking for a new mattress they have $100.00 off of there price today and free shipping. Good deal!

Happy Camping!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We bought this guy...came the afternoon of the morning we left for our last trip so haven't tried him yet...

Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 8 Inch Mattress,*Queen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006L9VANK..._ln4I5sMpVeUB9
blkdth1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Went to Denver Mattress and tried them out. Bought a firm queen and love it.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Sounds exactly like our bed we ordered off of amazon
kginder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Anyone else replace and have feedback recommendations? I measured, we need a short queen but really want to replace our factory one. It's barely better than sleeping on a cot. I prefer my hammock to my mattress.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

we bought the zinus 10" has four different foams. it is amazing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

just for reference Im 6'2" and 280lbs this mattress works for me.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

We bought a memory foam mattress off of ebay. It came in a box, so it was easy to get in, plus the price was great. Super comfortabe. I bought a 12" mattress, which is way too thiclk. It cost $286 and weights about 70 lbs. If you went with an 8" queen, you would have a good weight and nice comfort, probably undrr $200.

I am building a bunk house in my trsiler and just bought a 6" twin for my daughter for around $86. She loves it.

Just read the listing and pick a reputable seller. Make sure it days certified pure, so it doesn't have harsh chemicals from over seas. Many will even give money back guarantees.
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab diesel w/ 8' bed
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #14
New Camper

King RV with Radius Bottom Corners

I need to replace my King RV with Radius Bottom Corners. Anyone ordered one of these? Where?
Thanks
Pineforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #15
Site Team

Check with Mattress insider for a king rv with round corners.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

We had a nice (“real” or “residential” or whatever-it’s like every other queen made) queen mattress in our basement that we had purchased for my father-in-law before he had to move to the nursing home. We shoved that thing in and through the door. It was tricky to get it in the bedroom. But it was all so much worth it!!! Mattresses are like cars, there’s one for everybody but somebody else’s preference doesn’t work for everybody. I hate hate hate memory foam. It’s simply isn’t comfortable. I went to an inner spring mattress, and now we sleep amazing. So much more comfortable.
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #17
New Camper

Mattress replacement

We replaced our uncomfortable original mattress with a queen size air mattress and put a two inch foam "topper" over it. Total weight is about 15 pounds. The air mattress cost less than $2O (Walmart), and the custom cut foam was about $70. One important factor was to cover the foam with a thin sheet of plastic sheeting (about one mil thickness) to prevent trapping moisture between the foam and the air mattress which will cause mildew formation. The best air mattress that I found was made by Intex. Coleman air mattresses repeatedly failed due to leaks and seam separation in the coils.
This is a very comfortable and long lasting setup for both my wife and me.
ROTODISC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #18
New Camper

Sleep number

We found a queen sized sleep number bed that fits perfectly and is lightweight.
Bokevang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:08 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

We bought this one: https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...lg=63&recidx=0

We've had it for 3 years. Love it. Google some promo codes for overstock - we only paid like $225 for it and the thing rivals the one at home!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #20
New Camper

We bought a Milliard Tri-Fold queen. 6" memory foam. Best Mattress we ever had.
We used it as a modified murphy bed but it was so comfortable we are thinking about replacing our queen in our house.
We have only used it a year but if it holds up as well as we think it will, for under $300.00 I can replace it every two or three years or 4 ?
Bought it through Amazon Prime and got free frieght.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote