Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

She was there July 18, 2013, so was Randy. Good Luck.

Stan

1994 GMC SLE EC PU DRW 454 4:10 Posi

Hensley BD3 Prodigy

Trailair rotoflex pinbox and equaflex with wet bolts

2010 Cruiser CTX CF26RKX

Semper Fidelis '53-'61
nrausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Not looking very promising. Dealer discussed it, and told me to call CR again. I am mentally preparing myself for a large bill!

On another note: What is the general opinion of the air ride hitches? I would like to avoid doing this again! Thinking about switching out the pin box with a Trail Air air ride setup.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Lenny, there is a lot going on within Redwood/Crossroads right now so you may be on your own. I still hope the best for you so keep us informed.

My intention is to have an air ride hitch on our next unit. From all I have read on heavier units they seem to really help.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrausa

Call Andi Miles at 260-593-2866. She is the front person for warranty matters.

Stan

Called and left a voicemail. Between myself being in meetings all week, and the 2 hour time change I am having a real battle getting in contact with these people!

SOB 5er
Old 08-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

Boyd, any progress with your issue?
Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
Site Team

Called Lynn at Crossroads on Tuesday August 20. . Told him my issues with radio and bed strut. He emailed me on Thursday August 22 to inform me all parts have been shipped. Give him a try.

Info: Lynn Duggins-Crossroads Customer Service rep. 855-226-7496

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Today I was able to talk to Crossroads customer service. I emailed pictures as per their request, waiting to hear back what they come up with.

SOB 5er
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

Boyd, I was going through some older post and remembered this one. Any progress and getting your issue taken care of?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

Well, I always email Terry Baughman and he always returned my emails up to now. The DW and I were seriously considering a new trailer next year as the 271 bh z-1 is fine but we wanted more luxury. Well, I'm really not getting a good feeling about investing another large amount of money with all the negative things I have been reading on all these forums..... Crossroads needs to step up their game! I get the whole corporate nonsense that goes on when new management takes over with THIER own vision of the company future and I assure you that is always a formula for failure. 3 rules to follow in the customer service business, 1. Listen to your customer. 2. Listen to your customer. 3.Spend a few dollars and fix the customer and the customer will fix your financial future by buying more!

Pretty simple stuff!!!
Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #30
Seasonal Camper

CR is trying to pass me off to Lippert. Lippert wants to test a piece of the steel at their own in house lab and if they deem it defective, they will step up. Well, I'm certainly not holding my breath.I took flex measurements as requested by Lippert and sent them in, they didn't accept that because I didn't write it on the simple form they sent me. ThenI pulled the trim off so I could have a look at the frame, and there are two beams going across the RV, one in front and one behind the pin box mount. Between those two beams are 4 smaller braces. All 4 have failed to some degree (rear connection, behind pin box.) Weld quality is poor at best. You can see where there was no penetration and the weld simply pulled off of the surface, and in other spots it has been flexing so long that the cracking has gone into the main beam. I sent those in Friday AM, still waiting to hear back.I am fairly disappointed at this point. We looked at a new Rushmore, but I just can't see buying another CR/Lippert product after this go round.

SOB 5er
Old 09-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #31
Full Time Camper

Boyd, wise decision dropping the Rushmore from your list. That line has been plagued with issues.

I do hope you get some help from Lippert but as you say I would not hold my breath. You would think Crossroads would at least try and give you some support with Lippert since in a way their reputation is on the line as well but they have problems of their own right now. Best of luck and keep us informed.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #32
Site Team

Boyd, I wish you the all the best, but it kind of sounds like you are between a rock and a hard spot.
If you can't get any help from CR with the issue, in my opinion you would be very wise to steer clear when ever you purchase another unit.
I have to agree with all that Keith just posted.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #33
Seasonal Camper

Just an update. Apparently I bought a disposable trailer that nobody will stand behind. It is 4 years old though. I shouldn't have bought a cheapie I guess!

Thanks Crossroads for helping me narrow down all my future RV purchases. One less brand to consider.

SOB 5er
Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #34
Family Vacation Member

been there, done that, finally our dealer took care of it, now we just got to bring it in. Of course it takes so long before they get on it . why is that?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
Family Vacation Member

We worked with Bill Hodge, hegot us taken care off. Great to work with.
RVCRUISER34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #36
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

We weren't satisfied with the couch in our new unit. We complained to the powers at the rally and they looked at it and agreed it was not engineered correctly. It had "3" recliners, and the problem was the middle recliner's "handle" was right in the middle of your back if you tried to lay down. All I wanted was for them to cut the handle off and I would have been happy. They decided that would not be appropriate and sent a new couch to our dealer. Took our unit down yesterday to our dealer to have a few things done and have the new couch installed. Nice looking couch, with a queen sleeper. When I got home yesterday there was an email waiting for me from Andi Miles of CR's. She asked if we had gotten it installed yet and that our dealer wasn't going to charge us. This follow-up was not something I was expecting at all, but it was welcome to say the least. And no, our dealer did not charge us

Oh, and btw the "old" couch if you can call it that is in an apartment I'm staying in while having my surgery this winter. I cut the handle off and I can now lie down on it. When I have finished my recuperating the couch will go into my daughter's downstairs "man-cave"

So, this is my 2nd unit and every time I've taken it to my dealer or to CR's I have been treated fairly, and I have had all my needs met. Unlike many others for whatever reason I cannot complain about my unit, about the service, or about much. Am I lucky, I don't really know? I guess maybe it could be because I didn't blame anyone for my problems, I tried to treat them with respect and I have been treated that way too. Now, I will tell you we will probably be sending Andi and the group a little thank you gift...but you know..."honey and vinegar etc."

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #37
Family Vacation Member

As I'm reading these posts it hits me, There are a LOT of complaints about bad workmanship or faulty parts or just builds that just seem to be done in a haphazard way. I would hope that everyone out here can agree with me that the money we all paid to any of the dealerships for the vehicles we purchased should NOT be in any state other than useable and without incident. This IS the underlying problem. My money was in no way in any state other than useable and did not require any warranty work or visits to the U.S. mint so that it can continue to be used or saved. I don't accept and more excuses given to me when it comes to why I have problems with my RV. There is NO excuse, anyone can try to justify bringing their unit to the dealer for warranty work in any way they want but the unit should never fail or have problems IF it is built right, delivered right, prepped right and then sold right to the buyer. I'm so tired of having to create a list of issues that I have and then make appointments and then have to waste my time dealing with them. Oh, lets not forget that getting the RV back from the dealer with all your issues actually fixed right can take months. we should ALL start making sheep noises because that's what we have become.

My message to those who work in the RV industry:

Build them with pride and with tested, solid components and appliances. Except no substitutes.
treat them carefully when transporting them and storing them while in your dealership.
Prep then properly so some of us won'ttake delivery of a until with broken items already.
Do what you promise!, I have yet to have an experience where it didn't take a whole day just to get my TT looked at let alone a problem fixed.

Sorry people, after thinking about it I realized I spent a lot of #$%^%$# money on my unit and how dare I get one sub par!, I don't want to hear about buyer beware because shame on the people who take advantage of us and do they really think this business will continue to stay strong when it is just too inconvenient to own one? Keep it up guys!, your the ones that will be crying you lost your jobs and business is in the toilet if you keep this type ofcustomer service up.

There, I said my piece....

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #38
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447
We weren't satisfied with the couch in our new unit. We complained to the powers at the rally and they looked at it and agreed it was not engineered correctly. It had "3" recliners, and the problem was the middle recliner's "handle" was right in the middle of your back if you tried to lay down. All I wanted was for them to cut the handle off and I would have been happy. They decided that would not be appropriate and sent a new couch to our dealer. Took our unit down yesterday to our dealer to have a few things done and have the new couch installed. Nice looking couch, with a queen sleeper. When I got home yesterday there was an email waiting for me from Andi Miles of CR's. She asked if we had gotten it installed yet and that our dealer wasn't going to charge us. This follow-up was not something I was expecting at all, but it was welcome to say the least. And no, our dealer did not charge us

Oh, and btw the "old" couch if you can call it that is in an apartment I'm staying in while having my surgery this winter. I cut the handle off and I can now lie down on it. When I have finished my recuperating the couch will go into my daughter's downstairs "man-cave"

So, this is my 2nd unit and every time I've taken it to my dealer or to CR's I have been treated fairly, and I have had all my needs met. Unlike many others for whatever reason I cannot complain about my unit, about the service, or about much. Am I lucky, I don't really know? I guess maybe it could be because I didn't blame anyone for my problems, I tried to treat them with respect and I have been treated that way too. Now, I will tell you we will probably be sending Andi and the group a little thank you gift...but you know..."honey and vinegar etc."

I think the saying is is a little different around here, "You get more flies with sugar, than ...."

Don't get me wrong I have been very polite with everyone I talked to, even when telling them I would never purchase another Crossroads product. However, I think you can appreciate that my issue is a little more severe than an uncomfortable couch. This 4 year old trailer, that we bought new, is now useless until I pay around seven thousand dollars to repair it. I thought I was purchasing a quality brand, and small issues were to be expected. However, I did not think I was buying a disposable product. If my frame failure is to be expected, perhaps a 5th wheel is not for me.

SOB 5er
Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #39
Seasonal Camper

Just an update:

Unfortunately, we were unable to take about half of our trips we had planned this year, once we discovered our disposable trailer was falling apart. We ended up with 30 nights this year, our lowest ever. Our Seville is currently sitting at my local RV dealer (Not affiliated with Crossroads) awaiting repair. They plan on tackling the job in December or January, whenever they are looking for a project. We won't need it till likely late May, so no rush. Obviously the total cost remains unknown, but it is estimated to be between 5 and 7 thousand dollars to repair this terrible workmanship. Thanks for the life lesson Crossroads.

SOB 5er
Old 11-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #40
Full Time Camper

Wow, I feel so sorry for you two. And the additional expense that could have been used for camping is just horrible. Did Crossroads not agree to pay for anything? Who did you talk to there? I really hope your local repair shop gets everything done correctly.

Good luck.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote