Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

WE went to a RV show yesterday. There were no Cruiser there. Last year Crossroads took the franchise away from two dealers who were about fifty miles apart. They would both be at the RV show.They gave the franchise to Hamilton RV in Saginaw. When I asked where the Cruiser were the manager told me they decided to bring a Chaparral instead. If people don't see the Cruiser they won't buy a Cruiser. I think Crossroads drop the ball on this one. The funny part of this last year the dealer was at the RV show with a Rep from Crossroads.Who in the world is running Crossroads.

'05 28CK

'03 Silverado 8.1 Allison Trans
ThreePutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

The dealer makes the decision on what brands and models HE takes to the RV show, not CR. Maybe this dealer is selling CR products well enough he doesn't need to push it. Maybe he is making more $$ per unit on the other brand. Maybe he has a bigger inventory on the other brand (because CR is selling well??) and he needs to move that inventory. Maybe he doesn't have popular CR models in stock right now (again maybe they are sold out). Anyway there are lots of reasons and it is his decision. I've seen dealers take a unit to the RV show w/o even cleaning them up or fixing minor cosmetic issues. That doesn't speak well for the product or the dealers attention to detail.

I would prefer that CR make their decision on dealer selection on a whole bunch of factors, not just if they take units to the local RV show. I have multiple choices when it comes to seeing a unit in person. But I have fewer choices when it comes to having a good dealer for the long haul.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Similar to the show from a local dealer,they rent the whole Civic Center. The only Cruisers were 2 or 3 5th wheelers,lots of Sunset Trails, salesman said he didn't have any Cruisers on the lot. It was at that show last year we found out about CR products and after on-line shopping and traveling to dealers we chose the Cruiser we now own.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Just attended the Milwaukee RV and they had at least 3 CR dealers. Between the dealers there were Cruisers, Sevilles, Zingers and Hamptons. No Sunset Trails or Rushmores.

I know 2 different dealers carried / presented the Cruisers. Which I found nicely odd as the show is pretty small.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I agree that a dealer should have the right to take what ever brand he wants to. I guess I was wondering why Crossroads would take the franchise away from two dealers to gave to another who doesn't push thier product. I know one thing they didn't sell any Cruiser at that show.

'05 28CK

'03 Silverado 8.1 Allison Trans
ThreePutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I know here in Southeastern Wi. We have two Cruisers dealerships about 30miles from each other and I'm glad we do.Both where at the Milwaukee RV show, both had Cruiser 5ers.As my experience has showed me when we purchased or current CruiserRandy@ Wills RV is far from providing the service he advertises on his site. Where as DeHann RV provided me with outstanding service even though I didn't buy from them.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote