Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Winegard 360 antenna

Just wondering how easy these are to install. Picked up our trailer a week ago. Drove 1 1/2 hours home and noticed a hole right through the antenna. I’ve contacted the dealer for warranty but they are claiming I did it. Which in all honesty could have happened on the way home, but most likely it was during transport from the states and just missed during inspection. Thinking about just ordering another one and doing it myself since I’ll pay roughly that in fuel to get it to the dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63BDDDEB-DF2A-4FCC-A4C1-7E6E2E35B746.jpg (294.7 KB, 35 views)
Zeroprotocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:21 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Wow, in my view any dealer worth his salt would have supported you, the paying customer, and looked after the issue without any cost to yourself other than your time and inconvenience. The likelihood of getting a hole in the antenna on your drive home from the dealer is remote at best. So what about all the other issues that are going to crop up with your new unit within this upcoming year? When you take it back for warranty coverage, are they going to say you're responsible because you drove it home? I too am from Alberta and I can tell you from experience, my service manager wouldn't consider a response like that. Just my 2 cents worth and rant for the day!

"The smallest act of kindness trumps the greatest of intentions"
divey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:39 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I’ve got them looking into it but with the season coming up right away I’m still getting it set up for the first trip out. For now I put eternabond tape on it. I told them that even if I have to install it myself and they cover the part and lap sealant then I’m ok with it. Just ship it to me and I’ll have it done in an hour.
Zeroprotocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Not a very customer friendly dealer.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:54 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Pretty simple to remove and replace. I’ve actually made a video on it.
Do it yourself and save yourself the aggravation.
https://youtu.be/fFmLyou415g

Tony & Lynne
Whidbey Island, WA
2021 Sunset Trail SuperLite SS212RB
2019 Ford F-350 FX-4 Crew cab, 6.2L gas
Tonyg2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:08 AM   #6
New Camper

Doing it yourself is probably easier if they pay for parts. I bought out of state from a dealer that knew that I had a distance to travel and I asked them to please check over everything and make sure that my tires were up to pressure too. They promised me everything would be taken care of, including the roof inspection. I looked it over when I got there and everything looked good.When I got it part way Home and overnighted in a campground I found some glaring problems. They didnt even put air in the tires. All they did was hose it down ,turn on power, fridge ,and moved slideout. Totally lied to me.
They did ship me some parts but if they had just done a cursory check they could have corrected 90% of the issues. Luckily iI found the tear in the roof of the slide that I corrected with an eternabond patch. Thanks Guys!
Snowdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote