Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I'm not real impressed with the new Jensen omni directional tv antenna that came on my new fiver, however I'm not yet willing to spend $$ on replacing it. I still have my Wingman that I removed from my TT before I sold it. Has anyone put a wingman on the new style TV antenna?
Do you think it will help? Thanks

Flyone
Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Just happen to see your thread, I have a 2011 305sk and am also unhappy with the Jensen Ant. I called CR and they directed me to call Jensen. I did call them and will say they answered the phone and were really nice people. I talked to a Tech there and he had me take some Voltage and current measurements, all were in spec. I told him that I hooked up a $15 Walmart HD ant. and had all sort of signals with it inside the FW. All the stations were directly in front to the FW, so the ant. being behind the A/C unit seemed to be blocked. They are sending me another Ant and amp to try. If this doesnt work, I will be calling CR again to see about getting the crankup style ant put on. I dont think you can add the wingman to the Jensen Ant. not sure how you would attach it. You can double check all your connections and make sure the Amp box is switched to Ant. Good luck

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Shoe2728, thank you for the input--I have not been up on top of my unit yet so I didn't know the configureration of the antenna. And since you mentioned itmy fiver was facingEast and all of the TV stations were East, puting the ant with the AC directly between it and all of the stations. Please let me know if the knew set up helps any. I may have to spend some $$ to be able to watch some TV while camping or talk to CR about replacing the Jensen.

Flyone

« Spam | Second A/C »