Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am about to winterize my new 2008 Seville for the first time, my owners manual does not really give me a good explanation as to how I should shift the valves on my exterior pannel and am in doubt what to do! My old trailer was easy, all I would do is disconnect my suction line on my water pump and stick a hose on the pump and stick the hose in the anti-freeze container and flush the lines by opening the faucets inside the trailer while running the pump! Also, how do I protect the water lines to the ice maker to my fridge

Has anyone out there done thisbefore and could help me out with the right way of doing this?

Thank you and best regards.

Flying Dutchman

2003 Lariat Super Crew Diesel.

2008 Seville VF36SB
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Dutch, I haven't done ours yet, but everything was full of antifreeze when we got it, so I will give you a little info (all I know actually!)

The way I understand it, you should flip both valves on the panel for hot water heater bypass. Then pull the plug and drain it. Leave plug out. Then flip valve for easy winterizer. Hook up to antifreeze jug. Turn on pump, and start opening valves. Do both hot and cold side (will anything come when you select hot? Don't know) Do outside shower, inside shower , toilet, both sinks, low point drains, and lines going to bedroom for washing machine. For icemaker, I don't know. I took the hose off to flush antifreeze out, but we never used the icemaker, so I don't know. I know that line froze a few times when we were camping, but I would be worried about the water inside the fridge.

Sorry I wasn't much help, but this is our first trailer, and I won't be winterizing it till next week. Hopefully one of the more "experienced" fellows on here will chime in and give us some good info!Edited by: lenny

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Go to RV.net and do a search on winterizing. Be sure to have some popcorn and coffee. In short do not forget to bypass the water heater. I strongly recommend blowing the lines with low pressure air then pump the anti-freeze. Anti-freeze in any line that has had water. Suach as the black tank flush line if you have one. Outdoor shower if you have one.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
New Camper

That is what I do but I put a longer hose on the pump, then filled a 5 gallon jug full of antifreeze, b/c the 1 gallon jug does not last long. Did the bypass for the hot water heater, then started opening the furthest tap from the pump and did all the taps. When done poor a little more down all the drains so It fills the ptraps with antifreeze also. Once done turn off the pump and then open all the taps back up. Drain the FW tank with the bottom drain. Also leave the fridge doors open or it gets gross in there by spring.
30bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks all of you, I am (unfurtunatly) storing our beauty for winter, here up North it means no camping for some 7 months, we have enjoyed our season which was really beautiful this year! Can't wait for next season, now we get the snow moblile ready and try that for a spell. see you next time.

Cloy and Rene.

2003 Lariat Super Crew Diesel.

2008 Seville VF36SB
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
I have an 08 Kingston and last year when I winterized the first thing I did was drain the tanks (including fresh tank) and flushed the black tank good and then I also flushed the galley tank by filling it some and then dumping it then dumping 10 gallon of water in the sink with the drain open. I left the drains open and then opened all of the faucets including the lines for the washer and then opened the low point drains. Remove the cartridge for the water filter. While the lines were draining I took out the plug tor the hot water tank and let drain and then turned the valves for the water heater by pass. I closed the faucets and low point drains. Then connected a piece of hose to the EZ winterizer and turned the valve for the EZ winterizer/fresh water. Put the hose in a gallon of antifreeze, go inside and turn the pump on. First gallon gets sucked in real fast. When empty (before any faucets are open) I use that gallon jug and another piece of hose and do the washer lines first ( farthest away first), then the bathroom sink and toilet, kitchen sink, inside shower and then outside shower. Close holding tank drains. Disconnect hose from ez winterizer and then pour some antifreeze in each of the drains, enough to make sure some gets in the tanks. Time for a beer and hope the winter goes quick. I also save the gallon jugs for when I de-winterize. I will open all faucets and hold a gallon under the low point drain and open and save what I can (got about 1 3/4 gallons).

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote