Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
New Camper

I have owned many RV's, but so far, this one tops them all. I usually never buy used RV's, but this one was so loaded and the price was right, sothat I couldn't refuse. It had some issues left over from the previous owners not knowing the systems and the moron mechanic and the lying salespersonat the dealership where I bought it, but after about $1,000 it is in tip top shape. If I ever could give somebody advice on buyingany RV...new or used....let the staff walk you through every step of operation....don't just settle for a quick explanation of this is how it works......make them show you.

Back to my RV....it has two furnaces, two A/C units, washer/dryer, OnanLP generator, Dish, Hughes/net reciever, xm reciever,fireplace, three slides, safe, central vac, surround sound,and rides on three axles. If you pass a truck or they pass you, you never feel it. The three axles are so stable. Much more than anything I ever pulled. We usually camp on the road, and with over 100 gallons of fresh water, we can go about a week before we have to fill and dump. I would hope at some point that CrossRoads brings back the triple axle models. I will be standing in line to buy one.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Welcome JoeZ - some great advice. We are very pleased with our Crossroads. As you mentioned, there are specific models/floorplans I would love Crossroads to make. Also, while I dislike Keystone they have some really cool family layouts and the new outside work camp kitchens.

I'd be first in line for a double slide rear bunk room in the Cruiser lineup. No reason why they can't make one. It's a big seller for Open Range and Mountianeer rigth now.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Hello JoeZ....We looked for about a year b4 buying our Cruiser, and almost bought a Forrest River product twice, but are thrilled with our 30sk floorplan...sounds like yours has more than everything!... Enjoy!...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

the kingston line has a double slide bunk house. i wish it was available in the cruiser or zinger. kingstons too rich for me.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
New Camper

Speaking of Keystone.....my previous RV is a Keystone, and at present time, it sits in my yard until I fix enough things to make it sale worthy. The thing has had issues since day one. Every trip something else falls off.Everybody keeps claiming Keystone isn't like that anymore.....but it won't convince me. I had an 1984 Sportscoach CrossCountry 34 footmotorhome before buying the 2004 Keystone. In 5 years with the Keystone I had more issues with it than I had in 20 years with the Sportscoach. PLUS.....Keystone kills you with options.....everything is optional.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Same thing here spinella, I want it in the Cruiser line. If other THOR companies can do it then Cruiser can.

Still disappointed they killed my floorplan for a loft floorplan - I guess they now what they are doing.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

JoeZ, Welcome to the forum. What is the model number on your All American? A friend has a 99 32' All American and it is an outstanding 5th wheel. The All American was built back when CrossRoads was small and quality was before quantity.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
New Camper

Thanks.....mine is a 20025036RLSE. I pull it with a Chevy Dually. It is heavy....like 17,000 LBS, but just so stable on the road. Other than all the things I mentioned, it also has a Coleman aircompressor mounted in front with the generator. So....it is usually at gross weight all the time.Another thingI like about it is.....that as we are travling, we can stop in a rest area....and without putting the slides out.....still use the bed, bathroom, and kitchen.