Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 06:49 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Anyone else with Crossroads Rezerve 27bh?

I'm new to the crossroads family and a rv newbie. Anyone else own a Rezerve 27bh? Looking for any tips or advice

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Ashevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I recently purchased a 32SB, yeah its a bit long but what a nice unit. We did a pre PDI the day of purchase and the dealer had everything fixed down to staining some wood ends.
The quality of the unit was very good, and as a camper for the last 40 years I can say fit form and function are good.
So far the only thing we are finding is that we not accustom to some of the gadgetry, and have made mistakes is some poor assumptions, however in the end it has been operator error.
The only advice I would give is have a good tow vehicle and a load equalizing system on that tow vehicle. Do not over burden a car type TV because in the end it will be unsafe for you and all on the road.
I spoke to the finance person at the dealer and he told me he flipped his camper and small truck on its side due to unbalanced weight in the camper. It started to sway and in the end him and his family ended the trip literally on their side going down the road. Totaled both vehicles.
Also don't both with extended warranties. Not worth the cost. In the end the dealer will not hold his end of the deal. That money you send on the extended will allow many years of camping, and if something goes wrong just pay for it to an individual that works on campers as his business. Less hassle less expense.
Wildasindrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildasindrive View Post
I recently purchased a 32SB, yeah its a bit long but what a nice unit. We did a pre PDI the day of purchase and the dealer had everything fixed down to staining some wood ends.
The quality of the unit was very good, and as a camper for the last 40 years I can say fit form and function are good.
So far the only thing we are finding is that we not accustom to some of the gadgetry, and have made mistakes is some poor assumptions, however in the end it has been operator error.
The only advice I would give is have a good tow vehicle and a load equalizing system on that tow vehicle. Do not over burden a car type TV because in the end it will be unsafe for you and all on the road.
I spoke to the finance person at the dealer and he told me he flipped his camper and small truck on its side due to unbalanced weight in the camper. It started to sway and in the end him and his family ended the trip literally on their side going down the road. Totaled both vehicles.
Also don't both with extended warranties. Not worth the cost. In the end the dealer will not hold his end of the deal. That money you send on the extended will allow many years of camping, and if something goes wrong just pay for it to an individual that works on campers as his business. Less hassle less expense.
Thanks for the advice! We felt a little rushed through the whole pre inspection process and have found a few issues after we got it home. Nothing major that cant easily be fixed. We did purchase an extended warranty, but with your advice I might have it cancelled

Ashevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashevegas View Post
Thanks for the advice! We felt a little rushed through the whole pre inspection process and have found a few issues after we got it home. Nothing major that cant easily be fixed. We did purchase an extended warranty, but with your advice I might have it cancelled

Do what you feel comfortable with; if you are good with tools and basic knowledge and some help from forums like this, nothing is impossible.
The dealer told me to get the warranty in case the refrigerator went bad or a major issue comes up, BUT crossroads warrants my unit for two years. That should be enough time to iron everything out that majorly may go wrong. Besides refrigerators are 800 new and not that hard to install. 800 dollars verses 2700 dollars for an extended warranty with two years double warranty is way over the top in my opinion.
Wildasindrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #5
Site Team

Can you post a link for that $800 fridge?
Lloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Can you post a link for that $800 fridge?
I cannot, however if you do a search on the internet I am sure you can find them. I did this last year and found what I needed.