Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

I was excited to purchase a new Crossroads RV and even more excited to find this forum, as I belong to two other forums and have met so many nice helpful people. A year and a halfagoI was new to the RV scene and the forum of my previous brand was an excellent source of information. Thru that forumI met some great people and joined a site that accepts all brands of trailers. I have even been to a rally or two. I do not want to offend anyone and I hope it does not come across that way, but I have seen way more negative comments on here thanI am used to. Are the crossroads products that bad? Where is the love for the trailers you own? why would you own these trailers if the are so bad? I am sorry, but I am very disappointed with what I have read so far. As I saw in another post, maybe I am mistaken. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

You hear the problems of a couple dozen rigs. There are how many out there? I thought the same thing after buying mine early this year, but after about a thousand miles and 15 nights I'm happy to say I have had zero issues so far. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Thor builds 3 dozen different brands of RV's. Yes I complained about my Jefferson. Maybe just venting. My wife & I do enjoy living fulltime in our Crossroads. Now that all the bugs are fixed. Thanks to my own warranty work. There's not a lot of 5th wheels to look at out there that Thor doesn't have their hands on. Good luck picking the right one to fit your needs. Being a happy camper is what its all about.

GaryEdited by: Ramn4ver
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

It is good to see people who are happy with there trailers, I hope I will be as well. I really loved the design and layout, and I went thru the PDI with a fine tooth comb. I know of the slap them together and push them out mentallity that the RV industry has, not just crossroads. I found broken fasteners and missing sealent, scuffs and dings and loose screws,but these are minor and easily corrected at the dealer before delivery. Time will tell, as I will be picking her up this saturday, now that all those little items have been corrected.Edited by: cw3jason

Jason & Wendy
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We have owned 8 different brand recreational vehicles which includes the latest one which is the Seville Crossroad. The Seville is my favorite one out of them all and we enjoy the camping experience with it. Hopefully this will be the last one we purchase since we like it so much and we know we will not find another one like it.

2010 Seville 35CK

2011 Dodge 3500 D.D.MCAB

https://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/photo2-2.jpg
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason

I was excited to purchase a new Crossroads RV and even more excited to find this forum, as I belong to two other forums and have met so many nice helpful people. A year and a halfagoI was new to the RV scene and the forum of my previous brand was an excellent source of information. Thru that forumI met some great people and joined a site that accepts all brands of trailers. I have even been to a rally or two. I do not want to offend anyone and I hope it does not come across that way, but I have seen way more negative comments on here thanI am used to. Are the crossroads products that bad? Where is the love for the trailers you own? why would you own these trailers if the are so bad? I am sorry, but I am very disappointed with what I have read so far. As I saw in another post, maybe I am mistaken. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
You might be disappointed in what you have read, but it might help you to understand a little better if you go back and look at how long some of these people have belonged to this forum that are now voicing "their" disappointment with the direction CR has taken.
When I bought my cruiser CR was still a small company that took a lot more pride in their product. After they sold the company to Thor, and new management took over things have been on a steady decline. I have been very happy with my rig. Very few problems, and what has arisen I have been able to take of myself---after the 2 year warranty expired.
Some people have experienced some real nightmares with their unit. Some have been well taken care of by CR, others have not been so lucky. So I think it's only natural that people will voice this discontent when they have been use to a two bumper to bumper warranty + a 5 year structural warranty, and I believe there was a 10 or 12 year warranty on the roof. Now you take all of that away and tell people you are making it better by changing it to a one year warranty and a 12 point promise it doesn't set very good with a lot of the old timers.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I would like to thank those who responded, and those who messaged me. I now have a better understanding of why some of you are so upset. I also see that it is not necessarily the trailers that are bad, but the changes in the direction the company has gone in the last few years. I hope thecustomer service from the CR of old is not lost. Thank you again for helping me understand

Jason & Wendy
Old 04-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Keep in mind that a lot of people come on here for help with issues. Not nearly as many people post when things are going good. So its only natural to see more negative than positive on here.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I posted looking for help and to help others that are dealing with the same issues.

I was helped with resolving the design issue on our unit bed slide by a posting on RV.net. I then contacted the crossroads rep again and he "found" the fix for the bedroom slide design issue.

I have since passed on the re-design information on to others that have a unit made during the same time period.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I think people tend to post more negative comments then positive ones on here just to vent and to make other members aware of the problems they are having in case other members are having the same issues, but I think there are a lot of positive comments on here as well. I know when Crossroads fixed my roof problem for free even though my unit is out of warrant I posted on here about it and applauded Crossroads for taking care of the problem. Over all I feel this forum is mostly positive and very informative and I have meet many great people at Rallies and that live close to me from this forum.

I hope you enjoy your Crossroads product and have many years of happy camping and welcome to the forum.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhauler
I think people tend to post more negative comments then positive ones on here just to vent and to make other members aware of the problems they are having in case other members are having the same issues,
I agree with Longhauler. If you have a problem with your camper, where better to go than a forum specificaly for your brand camper. I can say if I have a problem,and if I can fix it myself I will do so. If I need help or advice, or just to find out if someone else is haveing the same problem I will come here and post. If sometimes that comes off a bit negative, so be it. Just trying to get information and maybe vent a little frustration.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

You are going to find disappointed owners with all brands now. Those who are disappointed often feel helpless and just want to vent. You see some of that here, as you will also see on other forums if you look very hard. The owners with lots of problems tend to be more vocal than the ones who are satisfied.

I have found this forum to be very helpful so farsinceI bought a used 2007 Cruiser to replace my 2011 Forest River fiver I just sold. Everyone on here has been very welcoming and very helpful as I've had questions related to the Cruiser. There is even one guy on here who has the exact same model as mine and he's been better than a good owner's manual. I thought Forest River had a great forum, but this one is very helpful and informative as well.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Congrats on your new unit...I hope you have few problems and if you do have them I hope they are taken care of to your satisfaction.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Congrats on your new sunset trail. I hope you will be as happy with it as I have been my Zinger. As others have already said, people tend to post the neg not the pos.remember in any customer service industry it is estimated every satisfied person will tell 1 or 2 people about their experience. An unsatisfied customer is estimated to tell at least 9 people. Inevitably if the story is bad enough (ie the collapsed landing gear), those 9 people will tell more people. And so it goes on and on. Also, think about the last time you bought a product on-line that you were happy with. How tempted were you to go back and leave a positive review on the sellers website (not eBay but rather something like Walmart ). Now how quickly did you post a negative review about a bad product online?

The other end of this is the fact this forum hasn't quite recovered from the whole fiasco a couple months ago where the new warranty blew up on the boards and then the site magically was down for more than a few days for system maintenance.

As you are starting to see, there are many who see their crossroads as a dream and some who see it as a nightmare, Others are just having a bad management dream. I hope your sunset trail is a dream like my zinger.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

happy camping with your new rig I pull new RVs from IN. and it does not matter what brand you get it will have some problems with it but with a good dealer they will all be worked out now most campers on this forum are good people on here are only trying to help other campers with what to watch for good camping Jim&Carol
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
New Camper

not happy with the new management at CR it seems if you have a problem with something they just put you on the back burner and hope you go away, nobody returns phone calls or emails and their 12 point promise is a joke just another way of getting out of taking care of you
chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
Family Vacation Member

The Unit is only as good as the service you can get. We have had just about all the issues posted on this site it took several trips back and forth and some or still not resolved. The leak in the front by closet...fixed. The refrigerator 8 trips , finally CR agreed to change the doors , the rear cap spider cracked, we notice and fixed within the first 3 mons. Well guess what , it's cracked again! The vacuum cleaner is a joke , it shorts out over and over plus the hose does not stay secured ..the hydraulic jack on the rear right looses pressure , been battling this for 9 months. The waste water tanks are fine , but the lever so hard to pull, and when it was fixed, it woild leak, so when we unscrewed the cap to connect the hose,poop all over @*%#. we just got it replaced with some kimd of push button. havent been yet to try it. ......, the recliners broke several times, we finally just bought a couple of lazyboys . The ........need I go on?
Here we are 24 months, now out of warranty waiting on the hydraulic Jack to be fixed!
The upside ? I really like the floor plan and as far as looks.....it's a beauty!. Not that I minded any of the problems , but why do we have to take it in so often ? The Tech has spent hours on the phone with CR . He is tired of seeing our faces, but I'm more tired of seeing his. Husband is so frustrated and is looking for something
else. The Wife , me, does not want to end up spending several grand to get into another one with at least the same extras we have in this one
Someone said , you only hear the negative.... Well it's hard to stay positive when you spend hours of time trying to get things right !
Rushmore2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
Family Vacation Member

I will say even with the problems so far , I like my unit. And all of the warranty work has been done at a dealer where I did not purchase my RV. Flint Hills RV in Andover kansas is the best you can find. If you are in the market for an RV I would highly recomend them.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
Family Vacation Member

Yes it's beautiful ....read my previous 38CKWould you be interested in buying ? Hmmm

Rushmore2011 is offline   Reply With Quote