Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
New Camper

Finally joined The Club

Hi everyone, first time travel trailer owner here! My wife and I have talked for years about getting one and finally bit the bullet a few months ago. We decided if we waited until we could "afford it" the kids would be grown up and moved out!

We are taking our first BIG trip to the Grand Canyon next week, and we took a "practice" trip a little over 100 miles last week to learn how everything works. We figured it's better to do that locally than umpteen hundred miles away!

I learned a LOT during that first trip, and I have one question for this community I am hoping someone may be able to answer. The black and gray tank buttons on my control panel don't seem to line up with what we have. I have attached a picture for reference.

The kids have a bunkhouse in the back with a black and gray tank, and the "big kids" have the main bathroom towards the front also with a black and gray tank. The control panel has BLK, GRY1, GRY2, and AUX.

I am thinking the AUX must be the second black tank. Do you think that's right?

Thank you! I am looking forward to learning from this community! I already learned how to hook up my HW50C surge protector from this forum which was incredibly helpful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190511_193433[1].jpg (178.1 KB, 23 views)

2019 Longhorn 333DB
2015 F250 King Ranch Crew, 6.2L, 4.30 axle ratio
ProPride 3P hitch
cs310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. A lot of good information here. I’ll let someone that has a similar unit answer this question. Don’t want to give you the wrong answer. Happy Camping.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
Site Team

Hello and welcome. Usually if you have 2 black tanks one would be labeled as AUX.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Hello and welcome. Usually if you have 2 black tanks one would be labeled as AUX.
Thanks dagst1! That's great to know.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:52 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome to both families. The Crossroads and P3 (Propride). Great looking trailer and truck...and hitch. It was nice Crossroads decided to match your truck with the graphics

Looking forward to hearing about your trip and don't hesitate to ask questions on the forum. Lots of knowledgeable members. Me, I just share my mistakes as a warning to others! Kidding aside, if you have questions on the hitch, shoot me a private message. I also have contact info for Sean at Propride if you get into a pinch.

My first recommendation to you is to add 2-3 feet when you're asked about the length of your trailer when booking/checking in to campgrounds. Those extra couple of feet added to your pivot point can make-or-break getting in and out of tight back-in sites.
Did you install the hitch yourself?

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for the welcome OhioMark! What's funny about the matching colors is I didn't even notice until my wife said something after I pulled the camper home from the dealership. And what's even better is Sean pointed out that the colors match the P3 company colors (I had posted a pic to Facebook after our practice trip recently)! Definitely not planned but kinda cool.

Great recommendation on adding length when booking sites, thanks! I had not thought of that. I'm not quite confident enough to book back-in sites though, so I booked only pull-throughs for our Grand Canyon trip (same for our recent "practice trip" to east TX). We're staying at a couple of KOAs and will be arriving late evening to both of them. I didn't want to worry over backing in after long days of driving. I'm already a little worried about getting gas of all things since I can't just whip in and out of just any gas station anymore! I plan to scope out all the Loves between here and the Grand Canyon in advance!

Yes I installed the P3 hitch myself. I hemmed and hawed over it beforehand and finally decided I could do it. It took me 5 hours on a cold February morning at the dealership, and I only had to call Sean twice during the install (thanks for the offer for his contact info but I've already had to use it.) . Several of the guys there stopped to ask me what in the world it was because they'd never seen a hitch like that. Ha! So far I love it. No white-knuckling down the highway!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to learning from you and I'm sure many other knowledgeable members in this forum!

2019 Longhorn 333DB
2015 F250 King Ranch Crew, 6.2L, 4.30 axle ratio
ProPride 3P hitch
Old 05-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

CS, take your TT to a large parking lot. Maybe one where a store has closed down. Take you some things to set up and practice backing. Eventually you’ll have to back up. We’ve all been there. But practicing in an closed parking lot will build your confidence. Take your time and don’t hurry. Good luck.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs310 View Post
Thanks for the welcome OhioMark! What's funny about the matching colors is I didn't even notice until my wife said something after I pulled the camper home from the dealership. And what's even better is Sean pointed out that the colors match the P3 company colors (I had posted a pic to Facebook after our practice trip recently)! Definitely not planned but kinda cool.

Great recommendation on adding length when booking sites, thanks! I had not thought of that. I'm not quite confident enough to book back-in sites though, so I booked only pull-throughs for our Grand Canyon trip (same for our recent "practice trip" to east TX). We're staying at a couple of KOAs and will be arriving late evening to both of them. I didn't want to worry over backing in after long days of driving. I'm already a little worried about getting gas of all things since I can't just whip in and out of just any gas station anymore! I plan to scope out all the Loves between here and the Grand Canyon in advance!

Yes I installed the P3 hitch myself. I hemmed and hawed over it beforehand and finally decided I could do it. It took me 5 hours on a cold February morning at the dealership, and I only had to call Sean twice during the install (thanks for the offer for his contact info but I've already had to use it.) . Several of the guys there stopped to ask me what in the world it was because they'd never seen a hitch like that. Ha! So far I love it. No white-knuckling down the highway!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to learning from you and I'm sure many other knowledgeable members in this forum!

Well you put together and installed that hitch. Your now in another club. That is no easy task. I told Sean the directions are a bit confusing.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #9
Site Team

X2 on the practicing backing up. A lot of campgrounds do not have pull through s. If you are not sure of where the trailer or truck is or you cant see remember "GOAL" Get Out And Look. As stated we have all been there.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Welcome. I find the best way to back into a site is when site is on your left. As long as you clear the left side of any obstruction you’ll be good. You know the width of the site and your camper so you shouldn’t hit anything on right side. Just need someone to stop you from backing into something at rear of camper.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:26 PM   #11
New Camper

I have a 28 foot and pull jet ski hook to the camper. Your best buy is to go truck stops. Like the flying J or Pilot you get their card you save on gas or fuel.Most of them has plenty of room. Your out west should't be to bad I am on the florida side gets crowd some times. Have fun.
smikecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

The advantage to Flying J is the RV pumps have both gas and diesel.
Much easier than fighting the car pumps.

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
rv-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:53 PM   #13
New Camper

O yell I have 28' Zinger 2017 bulk house pull with 2017 f150 3.5 v6. Will be in Loyston Point on Norris Dam in two weeks. Anyone else? Can't miss me I look like a train going down the road.
smikecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:47 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv-rick View Post
The advantage to Flying J is the RV pumps have both gas and diesel.
Much easier than fighting the car pumps.
And gotta love the high flow diesel pumps! I can fill up in 1/2 the time and get back on the road!

I gotta say though, the Pilot/Flying J prices seem higher than other stations when we travel, even with the Good Sams discount card.

We make a point to stop..Got to keep the money flowing so our Browns owner can keep adding to the roster