Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2020, 10:43 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

First time owners (291RK) so excited!

We have a travel YouTube channel and we've decided to take up camping to keep busy during the Coronavirus. We thought the Crossroads 291RK was the best platform for us and we just picked it up last weekend! Here is our video on that experience and a little on our future plans. Join us

Our new 291RK !
DOUGandNIKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Congrats on the new adventure wagon!

I have a 2019 291RK and is very similar in the layout as yours. They changed the water hookups and bathroom layouts on the 2020s. I do have the full size queen which is nice!

I spent 6 weeks in mine last year and never had an issue.

You will really enjoy yours and I have subscribed on YouTube to follow your adventures!

Ron
Wyldink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:58 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks so much Ron, we are excited. I'm working my way through all the systems and getting acquainted with it before we take it out for it's first camping adventure. Any sore points I should keep my eyes open for or get out ahead of?
Old 06-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Thanks Papa!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUGandNIKI on YouTube View Post
Thanks so much Ron, we are excited. I'm working my way through all the systems and getting acquainted with it before we take it out for it's first camping adventure. Any sore points I should keep my eyes open for or get out ahead of?
Plan on getting a better mattress or adding a foam topper. I slept on mine for a week then went out and bought a new one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024E6QX0..._03q4EbN6RMZ2R

Get these to help keep the camper cool and block sunlight in the bedroom. They block the roof vents and help keep the unit cool, a little. Bedroom shades could use some help if you like to sleep in, so I keep something to pin on and keep darker.

If you run out of LP and the furnace won't come on, go to the thermostat and turn it to off, and then turn it back on. It should relight and go as normal.

Buy a surge protector to go between the trailer and the campground post.

When traveling I will wedge spare blankets around the table and chairs to keep them from moving. I'm to old and fat to crawl under and hook the strap around chairs.

Keep the recliners on the carpet when traveling, it helps keep them from moving around.

Honestly, I haven't had a real concern with mine, there are some cosmetic fit and finish things, but nothing I haven't been able to deal with. Staples not seated, smudges from sealant, etc.

Stuff in the cabinets will slide around, so add some shelf liners or use the expandable bars to hold stuff.

I'm sure there will be other things, but right now get out and enjoy it!

Ron
Wyldink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:35 PM   #7
Site Team

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #8
Site Team

Hello and Welcome! Enjoy your new camper.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:28 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

That's awesome thanks! We're shipping out on our first trip in a week...lots to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldink View Post
Plan on getting a better mattress or adding a foam topper. I slept on mine for a week then went out and bought a new one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024E6QX0..._03q4EbN6RMZ2R

Get these to help keep the camper cool and block sunlight in the bedroom. They block the roof vents and help keep the unit cool, a little. Bedroom shades could use some help if you like to sleep in, so I keep something to pin on and keep darker.

If you run out of LP and the furnace won't come on, go to the thermostat and turn it to off, and then turn it back on. It should relight and go as normal.

Buy a surge protector to go between the trailer and the campground post.

When traveling I will wedge spare blankets around the table and chairs to keep them from moving. I'm to old and fat to crawl under and hook the strap around chairs.

Keep the recliners on the carpet when traveling, it helps keep them from moving around.

Honestly, I haven't had a real concern with mine, there are some cosmetic fit and finish things, but nothing I haven't been able to deal with. Staples not seated, smudges from sealant, etc.

Stuff in the cabinets will slide around, so add some shelf liners or use the expandable bars to hold stuff.

I'm sure there will be other things, but right now get out and enjoy it!

Ron
Old 06-10-2020, 08:33 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisK View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Hi Wyldink,
Boy I agree with you about keeping the tables from moving around. I can't handle crawling around either. We had 2 u-bolts that we screwed into the studs on either side of the table. I sliced a pool noodle to put on the edge of the table and use bungees to hook into the u-bolts. Works great.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

I think my table is bolted to the ground. The chairs have straps build tin but I'm assuming they only work so so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sllamp View Post
Hi Wyldink,
Boy I agree with you about keeping the tables from moving around. I can't handle crawling around either. We had 2 u-bolts that we screwed into the studs on either side of the table. I sliced a pool noodle to put on the edge of the table and use bungees to hook into the u-bolts. Works great.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Table

Ours was bolted to the floor too. We removed the bolt our first time out. We wanted to be able to move it around. We've never been sorry we did that. We've had ours 7 years.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
291rk, blog, dougandniki, travel, youtube