Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Daveyjones
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone andlet you all know I think this is a great forum. I have an 07 Cruiser and amvery pleased with it and have gotten alot of good tips from reading this site. I finally got registered so I could ask and maybe help as well. I'm currently deployed but will return soon and rig will be in use full time, looking to make more upgrades this spring as well.

Take Care

2006 Chevy HD/DA

2007 CF29CK
Daveyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyjones
I'm currently deployed but will return soon

God speed your safe return.

Welcome to the forum. You've been here so you already know it's a fun group ... and occasionally helpful. Enjoy!

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Welcome! I am assuming you are in the military since you said you are currently deployed. Thanks for your service and your family's sacrifice.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

you are right Lonnie, I've beenin the Navyfor 24 years now and still Love it Thanks to People like you and here at this forum it's worth it all.

so how hard is it to post a pic on the signature below

2006 Chevy HD/DA

2007 CF29CK
Old 02-23-2009, 03:56 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
Welcome to the forum Daveyjones. I see you also have a 2007 CF29CK. How do you like it? We have the same rig. Haven't had any major problems with it other than the normal adjust this and that. I did have the dealer do some modifications which he did. Changed out the panel where the water pump is and put a door there. Looks allot better than the plain panel. Also the access to the water heater I had him put hinges on that door so I could open it without unscrewing 4 screws. Also the wood inserts that cover the screws don't fall out now. The door above the stove used to open by pulling out toward you. I am over 6 foot and that would hit me in the face so he switched the door to be like the ones over the dinnette. Now it raises up and no problems. The last thing was the wife liked a silverware drawer. In the past she had to use one of the storage drawers. There is a blank space above the water heater. Put a drawer in there just for the silverware and things. Worked out great but the only thing you need to make sure the drawer is closed before opening and closing the slide out. Going to make some more modifications this summer also.

Have fun on your trips and enjoy your rig............................Dave

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks Dave, and Ilike the CF29CK, I've had it for two years now and have had only a couple of things that were taken care of by dealer without question. My shower tub cracked all the way across the bottom on the sink side so they replaced it and added support undrneath because there was none, thought I was gonna be on a diet after that. I also had them upgrade my toilet to a nice porcelin one as well and added MAX-Air fan in kitchen. I've read about the modson the places you have mentioned and plan on doing those when I return. I like the idea of the drawerfor silverware as well, could send me some pic'sif you stillhave them.When I'm home I full time in it so anything to add comfort or to just be different is good. I also like it for the weight, my 2500 handles it and I don't feel like I'm out of contrl with it.Do need to ask, before I left I winterized it and I'm sure I have pink stuff in my hot water heater, think I'll have any issues other than making sure I flush it out good. Sorry I got long winded and hope to get more good ideas. Kenny

2006 Chevy HD/DA

2007 CF29CK
Old 02-23-2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for what you do Ken and Welcome....It is a good place in here

https://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/onlyrj/rv-1.jpg
onlyrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
I'll echo the others and say thanks and welcome to the Crossroads family.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Ken:

Welcome and thanks for all your years of service to this great country. We have a 2005 CF29RK that we really enjoy and we've done several modifications that made it more livable for us.

'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Like the others We say thanks and welcome to the forum. In answer to the question about pictures there is a link at the top of this forum talking about sigatures and it will help you add the picture.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
ted
Weekend Camper

Welcome Aboard cant say iI was in the Navy However I can say I did 9 years in the Marines. May the good man upstairs take care of all our brothers and sisters over there and bring every one home safe so you may all join us and have a cold one with us.Semper Fi and God speed. Ted & Kathy Stoughton Ma. We have a CF32BL

Stoughton Mass
ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Welcome...if you need anything for the rig, look up Tim Loen [retired seal master chief], owner,at Chesapeake RV Solutions, Chesapeake, VA

Fair winds and following seas on your deployment and return.

Thanks to your family for their sacrifice.

Walt
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:11 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Same here, BE safe & hurry home Also welcome to our family. I'm sure you will like it here, good info, good people too.

02 F250 PSD

07 Cruiser: CF29RK

You CAN get there from here it just takes longer https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/100_1893.jpg
riverotter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Welcome to this forum and most importantly,THANK YOU for your service to our Country! I have two family members serving currently, as well.I've got a nephew in the Navy on the Teddy Roosevelt and a son in the Army in Iraq.

2008 ST27RB

2007 F150 4 x 4

Traveling with 3 labs!
Threedognight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
Ken.... I will get you some pictures later as I never did take any of the updates. I have the rig all covered up for the winter. I will mark my calendar to do that in late March. If I forget you try and remind me too. Take care and hurry back.................Dave

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

Thanks to you DaveyJones and to those before and after you, that we have our freedom to enjoy these luxuries that we love so much. To have a forum like this that we can all help each other. Welcome and Godspeed.

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Welcome Ken,Wer'e fairly new here as well a great bunch and full of help and info.As said before thank's for what you do and your families sacrifice as some of us up here in Canada do appreciate what you and the U.S. do to keep us safe.Thanks,Ron.

2008 Cruiser 29CK

2008 Dodge Mega Cab 2500HD 6.7L and the Boss, Bailey the Yellow Laprador Retiever
Ronkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

THANK YOU for your service to our country!!!!!!!!!!! With out national security, the other many things we think are so important, really aren't as important as our security. Thanks again and have a safe deployment and return. Keep us advised!!
Happy camping when you return.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

Thanks for all the kind words and just so you nowonceI getback to VA I'll be able to post/and ask alot more questions.

Walt I bought my Cruiser from RV Solutions and Tim has been a great help even after the sale which Ithink says alot about a dealership.

Kenny

2006 Chevy HD/DA

2007 CF29CK
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #20
DJ
Weekend Camper

Spring is here...so welcome to the forum and hoping you are home or soon on your way.... we just joined the forum,but already have appreciated the warm welcome and the help in deciding about a Cruiser 5th wheel!! DJ
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote