Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
New Camper

My husband, myself, our two kids, and two dogs are hopping to find out today or tomorrow if we get approved for the loan for our new 5th wheel. We are buying a Cross Terrain, model TF38TS. It's a 2006 toy hauler. It will be a place to call home for all of us.
We just installed our hitch yesterday in the back of our 01 F350 with the 7.3. We have never owned a 5th wheel before, my husband inherited an Airstream 16' a while back and we have since sold that to his brother.
We currently live with my parents and things that not been going so well around here, but really they never have. We have been here just shy of three years (when we moved in it was only suppose to be three months ).
So I'm a stay at home mom of the two little ones, Ross is three and a half, and Peyton is two and a few months. They are 16 months apart and keep me on my toes all the time. My husband, Pat, is a welder for Waste Management in Portland. We have two dogs, Dixie, she is our bird dog, my husband and I are both duck hunters, and then Zuki, my spoiled rotten little pug puppy. Plus on top of all of that we help with my parents dog and three horse's, well two horse's soon one is being sold to a good family friend.
I"m excited and apprehensive about living in a 5th wheel, all of us in that little/big space. Has anyone on here done that before that could give some advice? We are currently downsizing all of our stuff, selling what we can, giving the rest to Goodwill things like that. We know we can't take it all with us, some will be stored at my parents house, most will have to get the boot.
Sorry I going on and on. Hope to get the 5th wheel, if you pray please say a prayer that we get our loan for the trailer.
God Bless

Old 05-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

prayer said.

I think you will need constant prayers, 2 adults, 2 children, 2 dogs in such tight quarters.

If you are staying in Oregon, what aboutCOLD winters....is that unit a 4 season camper.

By that, i mean is it insulated to take cold winters?
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
New Camper

Well we just signed the papers on our new (well new to us) trailer today. We are picking it up tomorrow and bring it home and will start packing it all up.
Yup it's all insulated and should be just fine for a cold winter. Oregon see more rain than snow most of the time and if it were to get to cold for the kids we can always stay at a friends house for a little bit if needed.
We are looking into becoming camp ground hosts around my husbands work area. We are lucky and he is in a very central area off the main interstate so we have quiet a few options of places to try and be hosts at. We are really looking forward to showing our kids lots of new and exciting things before we would have to settle down and stay put once they start school. We are still toying with the idea of homeschooling as well.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
New Camper

oops for got, thank you so much for the prayers and yes we will still need them we had a very rough time getting the loan for this trailer and believe that this is truly what God wants from us right now so He is guiding us right now and we will follow His path that he is laying out for us

Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Congrats

1999 Silverado 2500 6.0L

2011 Zinger ZT27BH [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/a...CIMG0056-1.jpg
nc_medic1 is offline   Reply With Quote