Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
New Camper

Just purchased 07' Crossroad PP 36RD Anything to know about this 5th Wheel

Hello,

New here, just bought my second 5th wheel and well its always scary when buying a used one. I typically take the dealers word "Excellent Condition everything works and no leaks" lol well we all know something is always bound to be something wrong. So I'm reaching out to give me tips or things to look for or anything I should be aware of would be greatly appreciated.

One questions I have is, this 5th wheel comes with no generator. I want to get one put in, I found a Onan 7000 for about 3k with 54 hours on it. Will this fit in the front overhead compartment (which I think it will) and is this specific 5th wheel come pre wired and ready for a generator to be installed?

This 5th wheel is 50 amp. I've seen pictures of this thing and a live video of this ( I know scare to just get as is, but I need please to live for a bit by the end of January, so a bit desperate at the moment.

Anyways, anything to help me out on this would be great.

Happy Holidays!

Thank you,
Dino36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from NC.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #3
New Camper

Thank you!

Thank you,
Dino36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #4
Site Team

Hello and Welcome !

I did a little looking last night and could not find that model that came factory equipped with a generator. Could you add one? Maybe but not easily. First it has to be vented in what ever compartment you would put it in. The floor would have to be removed then a frame built to support it while still being open to allow cooling air and also vent any fumes and any oil or fuel leaks. The whole compartment would have to be sealed so not to get exhaust gasses in the living area.

Not to mention the fuel system and electrical system. If you run it off propane you would need a large tank- more than just the 2 30# tanks.

Just a lot to consider!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:47 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:18 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Step a.reseal everything on outside of rv.check roof carefully.seam at frt cap to roof is a known problem,generator install is a big job unless rv came with generator prep,besides compartment ventalation you also need a transfer switch and fuel tank,most folks doing this get a honda inverter generator,super quiet,the newer ac units dram much lower power and will work on the honda,note toy haulers almost all come with a generator from factory,or at least generator prep,Happy camping!!!!
Old 12-31-2020, 02:50 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I used to own a 2007 TF32ss.
It had a built in 5.5K Onan generator and I think the installation would, as others stated, be really complicated.
I agree with a couple of Honda’s instead.
Before being purchased, the company really built a great product. and mine was built with amazing quality.
If the price is right, know that those earlier years were great units. Best thing to check though, it that roof. The edp roofs are good but don’t last forever.
Good luck.
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote