Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
New Camper

Néw member with an electrical question

Hi Folks
We’ve had our 2017 Zinger30RK for 3 years and love it! In a seasonal site and my wife says the kitchen is nicer than our home😮. Recently I was vacuuming in the front bedroom and the vac cut off. Assumed it was a breaker as the frig and AC were running. After a lot of debugging found that our front bedroom has no 120v and our tv console in LR has no 120v and the frig has no 120v. Checked all breakers, fuses, and GFCIs and all look good. Oddly there is no clear labeling on the breakers for the frig. I’m wondering if I tripped a breaker and it is now a bad breaker? Not sure how to tell. Next step is to call a repairman in but wondering if I’ve missed anything obvious? Appreciate any help
Thanks
rossersg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
Site Team

Looking at the floor plan for the 2017 Zinger30RK,it pretty much wiped out your ac from one end to the other.
How about the bathroom? Is their a receptacle in there? If so is it a GFCI? You haven't missed a GFCI some place have you?

If you can't tell if any breakers are trip, turn them all off one at a time then back on. Some times they don't look like they are tripped but actually are. Has you breaker box got the double throw breakers?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. Yea sounds like a GFI.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:51 PM   #4
Site Team

If you have the 50 amp service check the power pole hook up for a tripped breaker. With everything that is out it could be a tripped GFCI or one leg of the 50 amp service is dead.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:52 PM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Looking at the floor plan for the 2017 Zinger30RK,it pretty much wiped out your ac from one end to the other.
How about the bathroom? Is their a receptacle in there? If so is it a GFCI? You haven't missed a GFCI some place have you?

If you can't tell if any breakers are trip, turn them all off one at a time then back on. Some times they don't look like they are tripped but actually are. Has you breaker box got the double throw breakers?
Thanks for the feedback Lloyd!
Bathroom and front kitchen are on GFCIs which I have tested/ reset and are ok. Another area of LR still has ac. I have reset ( turned on and offl) all breakers and pulled every fuse and visually checked them. As far as I can tell I’ve found all GFCIs. And it’s a 30A service at the CG receptacle. I’ve tested and reset that main breaker also. Kind of baffled. That’s why I’m wondering if a breaker has failed and just looks good. Again I’ve reset all breakers. No double-throws but looks like two breakers are ganged in a slot. I think I’ve narrowed down which one might be bad but don’t feel comfortable going the next step which would be to replace it...
Old 05-23-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
If you have the 50 amp service check the power pole hook up for a tripped breaker. With everything that is out it could be a tripped GFCI or one leg of the 50 amp service is dead.
Thanks dagst1! I’ve reset the 30A service at the power pole as well as the GFCI at the power pole and the problem is not cleared. Leading me to believe the problem is in my unit...
Old 05-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
Welcome to the forum. Yea sounds like a GFI.
Thanks Papa-T!
Old 05-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #8
Site Team

If you are not comfortable with working on the electricity then you should call an electrician. Safety first!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote