Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

New Cruiser 315RL

Hello everyone,

Live in New Hampshire with my wife of 31 years. After 13 seasons in a park model, we traded our 41 foot Country Ridge for a 2016 Cruiser 315RL. Losing 6 feet and king bed but hope to gain a chance to see the country. I'm a Registered Nurse and hope to travel around the south and Midwest. First I have to get my wife to part with her dining room set.

Sean
SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:21 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

New to road

Welcome to you and great travels.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Thank you

Old 03-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Cruiser. Good luck with the dining set.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new Cruiser. Enjoy your travels.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy the south from someone in the south...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:54 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Hi Sean, fellow NH'r here. I assume you are getting your Cruiser from Chichester. Make sure you do a complete and thorough PDI when picking it up. We got ours from there last year and spent a fair amount of time returning ours for repairs of issue's I missed on pick up. They were good on doing the repairs but had to wait 7-14 days each of the 4 times I had to return it.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:34 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

welcome to forum enjoy your travels
Old 03-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

CW Chichester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpres View Post
Hi Sean, fellow NH'r here. I assume you are getting your Cruiser from Chichester. Make sure you do a complete and thorough PDI when picking it up. We got ours from there last year and spent a fair amount of time returning ours for repairs of issue's I missed on pick up. They were good on doing the repairs but had to wait 7-14 days each of the 4 times I had to return it.
Thanks. My wife and I went through the unit from front to back, side to side the day we signed the P&S. We found very little that needed to be fixed. When we went back for the wet demo, all the systems were functioning. They had fixed everything we had on our list.

I made them put out both awnings out and the lights on the slide awning were bad. The entry door needed an adjustment and according to the flyer the unit was supposed to have a remote that runs the slides, awnings and awning lights which wasn't there. The A/C in the bedroom was whistling. All in all, nothing that I couldn't fix if I had to. Otherwise it was all working well. My concern is that I'm parking mine for another couple years at my seasonal site, so hauling it back to the dealer for repairs is a problem. I have a good friend with a 5th wheel and a one ton who can tow it but I'm not planning to register it. Worse case I'll pay the extra to have an independent guy come fix it on warranty if I have to, will still be less expensive than registering it.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:30 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Some of the things what had to be repaired there was no way of seeing them. The 50 amp plug receptacle pulled out of the side of the unit on the first trip, had to be replaced. The ceiling fan kept running and wouldn't stop (and close the flap) on our 2nd trip out (whole fan had to be replaced). One of the windows next to the dining room table was frozen shut, had to be replaced (guess I should have opened and closed every window before I left the lot). One of the chandelier lights bolts let go and they had to replace the whole thing, the replacement bolts wouldn't fit. Rear window shade wouldn't stay down after trip number 3. Rear stab jacks went down and stayed down on trip number 4, had to replace the switch. I'd suggest looking for a new 1 ton, lol.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:16 PM   #11
Site Team

Check with Crossroads. They do have independent guys who will go to your rv, and will be authorized by Crossroads. You may have to pay upfront and get reimbursed fro CR.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Sadly most new "things" need repairs. We all want a good price on our luxury items. The manufacturers need to make a profit, the dealer needs to make a profit. The people who build these things want to make a living wage. Something has to give somewhere. If I have the option to pay an independent repairman an extra $100 on the deductible, I would prefer that over hauling it back to the lot.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpres View Post
Some of the things what had to be repaired there was no way of seeing them. The 50 amp plug receptacle pulled out of the side of the unit on the first trip, had to be replaced. The ceiling fan kept running and wouldn't stop (and close the flap) on our 2nd trip out (whole fan had to be replaced). One of the windows next to the dining room table was frozen shut, had to be replaced (guess I should have opened and closed every window before I left the lot). One of the chandelier lights bolts let go and they had to replace the whole thing, the replacement bolts wouldn't fit. Rear window shade wouldn't stay down after trip number 3. Rear stab jacks went down and stayed down on trip number 4, had to replace the switch. I'd suggest looking for a new 1 ton, lol.

We opened and closed every window. Pulled every shade. Flipped the furniture over. I made them fix a tear on the underside of the sofa. I checked every screw in the windows. I found a kinked hose coming from the pump. All that and I'm sure something will go wrong. It's the nature of the beast. Even if I am lucky enough to get a fully functional unit, I still have to fight off the woodland creatures who want to live in my new unit for free.