Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
New Camper

Hi! We are happynew owners of the Crossroads Cruiser Aire CTL28FB. As most of you all know this is a new addition to the Crossroads family. Wewere so lucky to get our hands on one of these. Only 3 were available within 400+ miles of us and we got the exact one we wanted. We have been a camping family for 20 years and started with borrowing a tent and all the goods to go with it. We received our own tent for Christmas that first year of camping and we've never looked back! We had a couple of tents over the yearsand in 2009 moved up to a 2004 KZ Coyote 22' hybrid. What a great starter TT! We traded it for the CTL28FB this weekend. It was sad to see the Coyote go, as we had so many wonderful times camping in it. We can only hope the great trips will continue in our new Crossroads! So glad to be a part of the forum. We've been reading posts over the past month and have learned a lot about the product. Happy camping!

2013 Cruiser Aire CTL28FB

2011 Nissan Armada

https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...NG/CTL28FB.jpg
TriSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Congrats. Sounds like a great purchase.
We got our Cruiser fifth wheel in February and took several short trips in it this summer to check it out and get used to towing again. We had camped in trailers for years when our kids were young, but they're all grown now and on their own, and our last trailer, a Jayco popup, went to a new home about 14 years ago after many years of great service.

The Cruiser is a pre-retirement retirement present to ourselves. Like you, we started with a tent, then moved up to a regular travel trailer, and then to a bunkhouse trailer as the family grew, then to the popup when we got tired of always being blown around on the highway by semis while towing with a weight-distributing hitch. And now, finally, a fifth wheel.

Enjoy the new addition to your family. <grin>

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the welcome dbuster. It's kind of quiet on this forum....
Anyway, I swapped our Reese Pro Series SC WD hitch for a new Equalizer 1000/10000 today. The Reese worked ok for our previous trailer but I wanted to upgrade with this one. I got lucky and got the set-up right the first time and the front end settled 1/4 inch higher and the rear 1/2 inch lower. We're going to take it for a test ride tomorow and see how it handles. We're going to hit the scales this weekend on our second shakedown campout.

Edited by: TriSi

2011 Nissan Armada

Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Cruiser...enjoy camping!...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hi! I know this is an older post, but I was wondering how you are enjoying your 28FB? We are seriously considering either that model, or the Sunset Trail 240BH, which is about 4.5' shorter. Love the Cruiser Aire floorplan, but are concerned about the towing length behind our standard bed F150- we are coming from a large pop-up so I guess you just have to get used to it!
Anything about the Cruiser you'd like to share?
I hope you're loving it.
~honey

nursehoneybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

You should also check what other crossroad owners have to say about there quality problems. Beware!

Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
New Camper

We love it! I had to have the water pump replaced following our first outing. It was fully covered under warranty and the dealer did a great job. We added a TV in the bedroom, a bike rack on the back and many small touches inside to make it our own. It has all the space we need, is very comfortable, easy to set up and pulls like a dream. We pull it regularly for shorter trips with our Nissan Armada with no problem. I use an Equalizer hitch and Prodigy controller to keep things under control. Long range we use my F250 CC FX4 Diesel (barely feel it back there). We looked at dozens of floor plans and units and would recommend this model to anyone.

2011 Nissan Armada

Old 06-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

That's excellent, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so much! I really love that floorplan- it's very unique and my two little guys love the bunk area, at least in pictures we've seen... haven't actually got into one yet!
I feel good about pulling it with the Ford, at least as far as power goes. With a sensible hitch set-up like you have, it should be no issue at all for the truck. Just have to get the drivers used to the idea! Like you, we have looked at what feels like every floor plan on the market for the last couple of years, and I have found very few that appealed to me like this one. Hopefully we can get inside one soon and make our decision!
Thanks for your reply!
~honey

Old 06-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
New Camper

Good luck with your search, I hope you find the perfect fit for your family. Let us know what you decide on.

2011 Nissan Armada

Old 06-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Congrats on your new RV - Enjoy. Allot of good people and info on this forum.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

We are hoping to make our move on this trailer very soon!
I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions?
How are you finding the unit as far as storage? Specifically, I was wondering if you're finding the clothing storage to be adequate. We just have 2 little guys so I'm sure it will be fine, but it's hard to get a feel for the size of those cool drawers just by pictures. What about kitchen? It looks like there is tons of space for everything I might carry with us. And the bathroom- are you finding that you have enough room for storing your things?
Also, with the slide in- can you open your fridge ok? It's not a huge deal to me, personally, just wondered if it's still accessible or if you find you need to open your slide a bit for loading up.
Hope you're getting some camping in! I absolutely cannot wait to get out this year. We camp in Algonquin Park here in Ontario and I'm so looking forward to it as always.
Take care!
~honey

Old 08-03-2013, 03:36 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Excited to say that we are (hopefully!) taking delivery on our new 28FB by Wednesday of this week!
We found a great deal on one in Ohio, so just a 4.5 hr drive from home. We had been looking for one with some of the optional upgrades, but realized that for this price, there really wasn't anything that we couldn't upgrade or replace ourselves, if it proved necessary. We did order a power tongue jack to have installed by the dealer though. We are also getting a Blue Ox hitch put on. Other than that... we are going to see if the standard air conditioner (13500 BTU) and 6.0 cu/ft fridge will do the job for us on this trip- if not, we can always upgrade those later on.
I'm hoping we can make a stop at a Camping World to get a few necessary items, such as a sewer hose kit and maybe some vent covers. Any other suggestions to start out with??

~honey
Old 08-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursehoneybadger
Excited to say that we are (hopefully!) taking delivery on our new 28FB by Wednesday of this week!Â*
We found a great deal on one in Ohio, so just a 4.5 hr drive from home.Â* We had been looking for one with some of the optional upgrades, but realized that for this price, there really wasn't anything that we couldn't upgrade or replace ourselves, if it proved necessary.Â* We did order a power tongue jack to have installed by the dealer though.Â* We are also getting a Blue Ox hitch put on.Â* Other than that... we are going to see if the standard air conditioner (13500 BTU) and 6.0 cu/ft fridge will do the job for us on this trip- if not, we can always upgrade those later on.Â*
I'm hoping we can make a stop at a Camping World to get a few necessary items, such as a sewer hose kit and maybe some vent covers.Â* Any other suggestions to start out with??

~honey

Your seller should set you up with the sewer stuff and mine always made the vent covers happen too ,when they knw that will help close the deal.. JMHO jb
Old 08-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
Family Vacation Member

We also started out in a tent, then a pop up then a truck camper and a few years ago we started all over again in a tent, and found we had really missed camping, then an Aline, a large pop up and now a Sunset Trail reserve 25rb, we love it, not too bad to tow for beginners we just take our time and I really watch which campsites I book. Just be careful and you will love your new camper. So great to pull into your site, set up is so easy, now pulling out bunks and setting up canvas. We just love it. Also so much storage, as we take bikes, kayaks, fishing gear and snorkeling stuff.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

honey, how do you like the 28fb since picking it up. We are interested in that model also, but have not been in one yet. Storage might be a concern, would you say it's enough (if there is sucha thing). And with the slideout in can you access everything, like the frig and bathroom? Thanks
mark87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Hi!

We LOVE it. Storage was absolutely no concern once we 'moved in'- we have only had it out once, so I'm sure it will change but I literally had cabinets with nothing in them!
The only area I had a little trouble with- that ended up being no problem- was with storing the kids' clothes. We have two sons, and I wasn't sure where I would put their things. What I ended up doing was finding some long underbed-style plastic bins that I put in the doors under the dinette seats. That worked out great. I was hesitant to use those areas for that purpose, but those drawers in the little steps to the upper bunk are quite a bit smaller than I thought they might be and that's where I hoped to put their clothes. I was worried that I would need the under-dinette area for something else, but honestly I had room to spare! Those bunk drawers were great for the boys to keep their little things that they brought with them, like their DS and power cords and so forth and keep things neat.

You can absolutely access everything that you mentioned- you can get the fridge open all the way, and the bathroom isn't really a problem... what with the exterior door and all. Seriously though, you can definitely get to it no problem from either direction. The only thing you can't get at are the cabinets below the tv and I didn't find that to be a problem at all. We mostly kept the few DVDs we brought with us in there. Even if I did need something from in there- it's quick enough to open the slide. We were saying that the floorplan isn't even unbearable with the slide-out in! (Not that I would use it that way unless I had to- I don't think it's good for the track to use the dinette while it's inside? But- we got to thinking that if we ever got into a bad way with a severe storm in the treed campgrounds we frequent- we would probably slide in the dinette and shelter in there. Just another layer between us and a falling branch, and probably wishful thinking, but it would be something, anyway, in an emergency situation!)
Obviously I'm willing to talk excessively about the trailer, so please fire away on questions you have and I'll do my best! It's a great floorplan, and towed great. Best of luck finding what you need!

~honey

Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

Tri Si
Best of luck to you with the new camper. Stay safe and have fun. Also welcome to the forum.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #18
Full Time Camper

Gald to see your so happy and excited best of luck with the new trailer. Happy trails
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

Good to see someone so happy...congratulations on the new camper...ENJOY!...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

honey,

Thanks for the info. We have 2 girls so was worried about clothes storage for them. Good idea about under dinette with bins. We have a hybrid TT now that's getting too small, and use bins for clothes where drawers used to be before they fell apart. The nearest 28FB is a couple hours away and don't want to waste time driving there if there is something we know we won't like.I'm sure we'll have more questions since you offered. Thanks again,

Mark
mark87 is offline   Reply With Quote