Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #1
New Camper

My name is Brian, and this is my first post here. I am a fellow camper and enthusiast, and just started work at an RV dealership last week. I'm hesitant to say where as I don't want to come off as just trying to push a sale. We do, however, specialize in Crossroads coaches. I have grown up RVing but this is my first job in the industry.I wanted to join here to get some real-world feedback on Crossroads products, and to offer all the help I can as well. Hope to see you around and please let me know if I can help!!

Brian

(940) 368-0859Edited by: BrianExplore
bthompson@exploreusa.com

-2002 Ford F-350 4x4 Powerstroke
-2003 Holiday Rambler Presidential
BrianExplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianExplore
I wanted to join here to get some real-world feedback on Crossroads products, and to offer all the help I can as well. Hope to see you around and please let me know if I can help!!

Real World feedback? I don't know if I would ask for that at this point in time. Good Luck with that!!!
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianExplore
My name is Brian, and this is my first post here. I am a fellow camper and enthusiast, and just started work at an RV dealership last week. I'm hesitant to say where as I don't want to come off as just trying to push a sale. We do, however, specialize in Crossroads coaches. I have grown up RVing but this is my first job in the industry.I wanted to join here to get some real-world feedback on Crossroads products, and to offer all the help I can as well. Hope to see you around and please let me know if I can help!!

Brian

(940) 368-0859
Now Brian, which is it, Thor motor coaches or Crossroad coaches, or maybe you have all of them?
You're not a spammer are you Brian?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
New Camper

No, definately not a spammer. I really do want to know what people like and dislike about their rigs. We sell a full line of units including Doubletree RV, Thor (Redwood, Blackwood) Crossroads, Heartland, and even some Forest River units. No motor coaches, though. We are all towable.
bthompson@exploreusa.com

Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Well Brian ...why don't you read about some problems we have been having with shoddy work from the factory and maybe you can work with them to implement an ongoing quality inspection that need signing off on, before the coach reaches the next work station .
You will see what I mean when you see the same complaints listed numerous times .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Everyone's biggest complaint has been warranty work.....both dealership and crossroads. Also the decrease in length of warranty has many up in arms. All that said, my zinger has been good to us and for bring an entry level trailer, it has held up well to newbie mistakes. You will also find that a salesman who is honest about what a vehicle can truly tow or not tow will get more repeat customers. That means don't sell based upon dry weight. If someone says my tv can tow 9000 lbs don't sell them an 8000 lb dry wright trailer as they will be overloaded, hate the towing experience and blame you for it. Learn about towing specs, what they mean and how to really calculate them, educate your consumers and you will have a loyal customer.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome, Brian. Anaro gives you some good advice. Being honest with your customers is always going to be the best bet, even if it means you miss out on an immediate sale. One other thing I will say is not to push a customer into a unit that stretches them financially. They will end up resenting you for that as well. While they might be able to afford the monthly payment, they will either still be paying for a worn out 13 year old camper or be badly upside down in it. Neither is something that will feel good to them. So, I would caution against pushing 10 and 15 year financing on people. Be honest, and take care of them after the sale. Not only will they come back, they'll bring friends.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

QUALITY CONTROL, QUALITY CONTROL, QUALITY CONTROL!!!!!
From what I read, quality control is a thing of the past, along with the 2 year warranty.
When you get a unit in, do a thorough PDI and you surely will find the lack of quality control.
Does management in Topeka really care?
Do they read the forum complaints?
Many new unit buyers think not.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
New Camper

Do you guys feel that quality control and fit/finish is less on a typical Crossroads product than it's competition? when out kicking tires do you see more little stuff that slipped through the cracks on Crossroads than you do on...say...A Forest River, Heartland, or Keystone for example? If so...what led you to buy a Crossroads product anyway?

This is a serious question by the way...I'm not trying to be a smartass. I really do appreciate the feedback. I have bought more RVs than I've sold, so I understand what feelings we as consumers have for salesmen. I personally think they are usually pretty slimy but I'm going to (hopefully) be succesful by being open, honest, and sharing my experiences and knowledge. Yes, I'm going to try and make as much money as I can....but I refuse to sink to the level of a typical salesman. I intend to be the guy that I would want to buy from.

Sounds good in theory, right? lol.
bthompson@exploreusa.com

Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Good Luck Brian. I truly hope you will maintain a measure of integrity and good will toward your future customers. The dealer and salesman we dealt with on two cruisers was an honest, straight-forward gentleman. We have since become good friends and we camp together occasionally.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

many of us bought our crossroads before they lost the little individual company feeling and care and were taken over by Thor. When I bought mine, the feelings on these boards were extremely positive and the forums were loaded with stories of how crossroads went above and beyond to help a customer out. Now those stories have become few and far between and instead we see lots of quality control issues and warranty problems. it is sad. I bought mine because for the price it was well finished and had wat we wanted in a TT. We chose it over a prime time because of price and the customer service stories on here.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote