Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #1
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
New member 2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer

hi everyone,

my wife and I just bought a 2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer.
We love it! We also needed to sell our Subaru outback 2016 to afford the Ford F150 Ecoboost we got to pull the trailer. We know many folks opt for the 250 or 2500 level of truck, but we're confident the F150 ecoboost with max towing package can do the trick.

We need to buy a stinky slinky. Any suggestions on the length we should get and good brands?
Also, what is your experience with plugging in to the power supply at different parks and RV sites? Does one just need a regular extension cord, or does one require one of those big one with the large prongs? (not sure of the name of that type of plug) ie - exactly at the plug in point, does that require one of these -


and do we need the male or female?

I have a few questions specific to the Zinger so I'll post those in the Zinger subforum.
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:30 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 8,403
You have a picture of a 30 amp female plug. You will be using the male end to plug in at the power pedestal. A 50 amp plug will have four prongs. 30 amp 3 prongs. Whether you will need and extension cord depends on how far away the power pedestal is. I would say you should carry an extension cord.
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
thank you Lloyd. So the 30amp or 50amp is determined by how much my fusebox can handle. I am prety sure it's 30amp. so I could use a regular extension cord rated at 30amps with a 30amp RV male adaptor at the end to plug in at the power pedestal? (I do presently have an adaptor at the RV to connect a regular extension cord rated at 30amps.
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:09 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 8,403
Not just any old extension cord. If you hope to be able to operate all the stuff in your RV, you will have to get one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/30-amp-rv-ext...extension+cord
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Not just any old extension cord. If you hope to be able to operate all the stuff in your RV, you will have to get one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/30-amp-rv-ext...extension+cord
But what if I have the right adaptor at the end? Is there any reason why it needs to be this specific cord? What if I use a regular extension cord rated for 30amps and then use this adaptor at the end?

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-55233-Po...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
__________________
2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:14 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: mo
Posts: 1,358
Hello and welcome!

I would go ahead and get the proper extension cord. If you yes a regular cord then you will need 2 adaptors - 1 at the pole and 1 at the other end. And the cost of both adaptors and a true 30 amp cord the price will be the same or close.

Also something you should get is a 50 to 30 adapter . We have been to some campgrounds where the only thing on the pole was 50 amp so had to rent an adaptor - cheaper to buy it.

On the sewer hose i carry 4. 3 good ones for use on full hookups and a cheaper one to use at the dump station. The 3 are 15 ft each - my dump valve is in front of the wheels and sometimes the sewer outlet at the campground is at the back of the site. Not sure of the brand - they have a cap that goes on each end . Get the best quality you can afford - leaks are MESSY!
__________________
2005 Cruiser 29CK
2008 GMC 2500hd 4x4
Crew cab Long bed 6.0 gas
4.10 gear ratio
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:29 PM   #7
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
Thank you so much. Wonderful insights and advice for us. Highly appreciated.
__________________
2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #8
Gone Traveling
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingy Light Fury View Post
But what if I have the right adaptor at the end? Is there any reason why it needs to be this specific cord? What if I use a regular extension cord rated for 30amps and then use this adaptor at the end?

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-55233-Po...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
DO NOT use that hockey puck type adapter, they get VERY VERY hot & will melt.
Pay the few extra $$ & get the appropriate dog bone adapter.
Just curious you didn't get a power cord with the rv? I'm not familiar with your rv but it may be stowed in a mouse hole cord storage on the side of the rv somewhere permanently wired to the rv side, just pull it out & plug it in.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #9
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
DO NOT use that hockey puck type adapter, they get VERY VERY hot & will melt.
Pay the few extra $$ & get the appropriate dog bone adapter.
Just curious you didn't get a power cord with the rv? I'm not familiar with your rv but it may be stowed in a mouse hole cord storage on the side of the rv somewhere permanently wired to the rv side, just pull it out & plug it in.
There is a nice length 30amp power cord in a mouse hole on the port side of my trailer. I just watched a youtube video that recommended getting an extension cord bc sometimes where the RV is parked, one cannot plug in the cord, it's too far to the power pedestal.

Thanks Travel texans...
__________________
2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:00 PM   #10
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Hello and welcome!

I would go ahead and get the proper extension cord. If you yes a regular cord then you will need 2 adaptors - 1 at the pole and 1 at the other end. And the cost of both adaptors and a true 30 amp cord the price will be the same or close.

Also something you should get is a 50 to 30 adapter . We have been to some campgrounds where the only thing on the pole was 50 amp so had to rent an adaptor - cheaper to buy it.

On the sewer hose i carry 4. 3 good ones for use on full hookups and a cheaper one to use at the dump station. The 3 are 15 ft each - my dump valve is in front of the wheels and sometimes the sewer outlet at the campground is at the back of the site. Not sure of the brand - they have a cap that goes on each end . Get the best quality you can afford - leaks are MESSY!
Super helpful dagst1. thank you so much.
__________________
2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:43 PM   #11
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: mo
Posts: 1,358
Usually The campers power cord is 25 ft- give or take so i carry an extra 25 ft rv extension cord. Have had to use it more the once.
__________________
2005 Cruiser 29CK
2008 GMC 2500hd 4x4
Crew cab Long bed 6.0 gas
4.10 gear ratio
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #12
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 8,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Usually The campers power cord is 25 ft- give or take so i carry an extra 25 ft rv extension cord. Have had to use it more the once.

Same here.
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:09 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 156
Same here also: I carry a 25' and 50' RV cord, 25' and 50' water hose and 3 sewer hoses. At some campgrounds 25' foot works best, others 50' works best. As dagst1 pointed out a 50amp to 30amp adapter is great to have for some campgrounds also a 20amp to 30amp adapter may be needed at some older campgrounds.
__________________
2016 F 250 XLT 4x4 SC
2014 Sunset Trail Reserve ST26RB
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:41 PM   #14
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Same here also: I carry a 25' and 50' RV cord, 25' and 50' water hose and 3 sewer hoses. At some campgrounds 25' foot works best, others 50' works best. As dagst1 pointed out a 50amp to 30amp adapter is great to have for some campgrounds also a 20amp to 30amp adapter may be needed at some older campgrounds.
Thank you Oliver and Floyd.
So helpful.
__________________
2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:22 PM   #15
Full Time Camper
 
Papa-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.C. Mountains
Posts: 1,960
As far as a sewer hose I would purchase this Rhino kit. That way you have a short or can put them together. Or just get a 20’ hose. Also I mounted one of these sewer hose storage tubes under the camper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6B4BC71D-FE51-4852-B427-06BAD7741A03.jpeg (94.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpeg FE01786A-ADAD-46D9-A34E-2F9397588D5B.jpeg (123.1 KB, 3 views)
__________________
*2016 CAF25SE Cruiser Aire 5er. *2020 Chevrolet 2500 HD Custom
*Ted & Tricia (Mimi- Teacup Poodle)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:38 PM   #16
Seasonal Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Mb
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
As far as a sewer hose I would purchase this Rhino kit. That way you have a short or can put them together. Or just get a 20’ hose. Also I mounted one of these sewer hose storage tubes under the camper.

I second the idea of getting the Rhino hose kit. I just got mine last week and it’s sure nice. Collapses and stays collapsed. Stretch it only as much as you need. Haven’t used it yet though.
__________________
2013 Zinger ZT260BH towed by a 2013 Silverado Z71 1500 CC 5.3L
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:54 PM   #17
Site Team
 
mark5w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 5,207
I third the Rhino flex. Just don't keep any hose in your bumper. The rust on the inside of the bumper scrapes and wears away the hose (especially if it's a cheapo)..Learned that the hard way. Remember the scene from the movie RV?
__________________
Mark & Susan
Lehighton, Pennsylvania

'13 Cruiser Patriot 335SS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:09 PM   #18
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Quebec
Posts: 29
Thank you very much Papa-T. Looks like a great product. Does the 20' extend beyond that? Because some RVers on here have suggested they like to have 50' at times, even more.
__________________
2010 Zinger ZT31SB Travel Trailer
Zingy Light Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #19
Seasonal Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Mb
Posts: 284
The 20’ sewer hose should be good. I bought mine as I was at a campground last year and the dump station loop was backwards. You had to make a right turn in the loop which put the trailer dump lid far away. Tank was still on left side. I had to stretch out my existing hose and hold it while dumping. Not fun. I keep mine in a tub which fits perfectly with all the attached fittings and plugs no problem.
I think guys were talking about the 50’ extension cords for power. I’ve needed that a lot.
__________________
2013 Zinger ZT260BH towed by a 2013 Silverado Z71 1500 CC 5.3L
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #20
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 156
Zingy, I need to clarify my post #13. I was talking about 25' and 50' rv cords and water hoses. Normally I get by with 10' foot sewer hose or sometimes two 10' connected together. I carry an extra 10' just incase, but never had to use it so far.
__________________
2016 F 250 XLT 4x4 SC
2014 Sunset Trail Reserve ST26RB
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×