Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
New Camper

Question New Member with a question: "M" 305 SK vs. "CF" 305 SK

Hello All,

Glad to be here! It's always nice to have benefit of the wisdom and experience of seasoned folks in all things. We're learners, and will be glad when we have enough experience to share it with others here.

My wife and I are jumping into the deep end and going full-time RVing for a year. I've researched trucks and RV's and have the truck, a Chevy Duramax Diesel with Allison tranny. It has a couple of reasonable power upgrades which we're happy with and confident about.

I've also identified the Crossroads year and model we want, and have located one. But I'm unclear about the exact model it is and need some help with that.

In 2011 there were apparently two Crossroads Cruiser models with the floor plan we want, but the prefixes on the model numbers have us stumped. Does anybody know the difference between an "M" 305 SK and a "CF" 305 SK? I haven't been able to distinguish a difference.

Thanks, Bob
BobG1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Is the "M" for the Provincial? Sold in Canada?

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Suns...05SK-117797003

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2012/C...305-SK/6021141
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #3
New Camper

Could be, I found it in northern Washington state - Liberty Lake. Any idea if the specs are different? No joy after a search in RE Canadian models, although I did find a Canadian site where all the models were preceded by CF. Canadian Factory? Canadian Form? Dang if I know...

Thanks, Lloyd! Take care, Bob
Old 05-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

'CF' stands for Cruiser Fifth. I'm not sure that 'M' has any significance and I don't believe it is different than a 'CF' model. The 3 digit number signifies a Patriot/Provincial model, 2 digit models are non Patriot/Provincial.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
New Camper

Thank you Larry, that helps. What do you know about the difference between Patriot/Provincial models and non-P/P? Were the P/P's an upgrade, lighter, heavier? My understanding is they had certain upgrades which included 16" wheels and interior finish among other things. If you were buying one now, which would you choose? Thanks again, Bob
Old 05-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Patriot (USA) Provincial (CAN) were upgrades.

From a post by avvidclif

Quote:
Other than the obvious stickers that show "Patriot" under every Cruiser sticker. The Patriot Series has;
1. 16" tires
2. 8cf fridge 2 dr in place of 6cf
3. 10 gal DSI water heater in place of 6gal
4. Trail-Air Rotoflex Pinbox
5. Hide-a-bed sofa
6. R27 roof and R28 floor insulation with PolarTec
7. R15 Sidewall Insulation
8. Ducted 15k AC
9. 50a Service w/2nd ac prep
10. Electric Rear Jacks
11. Solid Surface Counter tops
12. Stainless Steel Sink
13. Electric Awning
14. Free Standing Table and 4 chairs
15. Washer Dryer Prep

That's from the Brochure dated 11/11

There are other options listed like 32" TV, slide out awning, rain sensor fan, fireplace, 7 function remote key fob, dual pane windows, leather furniture upgrade.

By my count the Patriot edition has 15 options as standard equipment over the Cruiser with a few more available.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:21 PM   #7
New Camper

Thanks Mark and Susan. Wow, I like this forum - certainly has proven to be a good resource my first day here. BTW - the way I first became of the Crossroads Patriot line was an article in Trailer Life magazine featuring the kitchen of the 335SS. Love that kitchen! My wife Lenore is a "foodie" and loves to cook, that's one of the reasons we were looking for a 305 SK - lots of countertop space for making bread, chopping, etc. Here's a link to that article, it's from December of 2012: Amazing Trailer Kitchens & Layouts

Take care, Bob and Lenore
Old 05-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Many of the upgrades listed for the Patriot/Provincial were also available individually on non-P/P models rather than as a complete package of upgrades. Only thing mine lacks is the Rotoflex pin box but I also have dual pane windows and gel coat siding.

The biggest difference is the upper deck design, P/P models have 3 steps to the bedroom/bath area and a single floor level for the entire upper area. As a result, they are about 8" taller in overall height and more than 6 ft headroom in the bedroom. Non-P/P models have just 2 steps to the bathroom/hall then a single step at the bedroom, bedroom height is just short of 6 ft. The shorter exterior height was the only way my 2011 would fit in my garage, mine is right at 12 ft tall w/o bedroom A/C.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Welcome from NC. I've been RV camping for 19 years and I'm still learning.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #10
New Camper

I've been on the planet 67 years and I'm in the same condition! Still learning. It's the only way to go. Still, there are times when I look forward to my learning curve leveling out. I've got a way to go before I'm to that place as a full-time RV'er,but I'm getting there thanks to folks like you and the other people here on the forum. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 05-30-2016, 12:57 PM   #11
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your endeavors!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, cf 305 sk, m 305 sk