Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #21
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbaZabba View Post
Ah yes, the dreaded chain of events that seems to always happen and add unnecessary time to what started as a simple project. Surely there is a german word for this.

At least you have too many keys. I had 2 purple ones and sat there for 10 minutes trying to figure out why it didn't work. Took me forever to figure out, holy crap, a different key for each door. And I was only given 1 set of keys. Off to ACE to get more made immediately.

Nice set up. In for a penny, in for a pound. And you got a unplanned trip to Texas out of the process!
Haha. Yes. Many pounds.

The Texas trip was great. It's always nice to spend time on the road with my wife.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

I got a nice note back from the folks at Crossroads this morning. They sent me a troubleshooting guide for the Level-Up system as well as diagram of the water panel with all of the connections labeled:

The Antifreeze Draw Port is a little mysterious to me, but that's because I've never had to winterize. Our dry camping season is October to May, so "winterize" means "use" to us.

On my old toy hauler there was a big valve to quickly dump the fresh water tank. I wonder if the Low Point Drains is the same thing? I kind of doubt it.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Glad you got an answer from crossroads What toy are you or do you plan on hauling?

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_71 View Post
Glad you got an answer from crossroads What toy are you or do you plan on hauling?
Dirt bikes. Back when our house was crowded we would haul six bikes. The kids are older now, so it's typically just three of us.

As the kids got older we started losing our helpers. We upgraded to this fifth wheel so we wouldn't have to unload the bikes, gear bags, chairs, tables, etc. when we got to camp. This garage model is a luxury for us. It's a huge upgrade from our 2005 Weekend Warrior FS2600.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #25
Gone Traveling

If that's the low point drain, you should have 2, 1 each for hot & cold, I would bet you a cup of coffee (or beverage of your choice) that is the fresh water tank drain. As I said earlier, look underneath the coach in that same general area & see if the low drains with valves are there, probably red & blue or white.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_71 View Post
Hey Dave, really nice looking combo setup...yes probably two grey tanks...would like to see inside pics too!
I finally took some photos inside this weekend.

Starting with the messy garage before we unloaded the bicycles and camp chairs:

Inside with the slides in. (Some of the folks in my office don't understand the 3D aspect of the slides, so I took these photos so they could get it.)

My wife didn't have her face on, so I anonomized her:

My wife doesn't like the wooden island. It has a strange unfinished underside that you can see when you sit down. I don't mind it, but I didn't enjoy policing everyone's drink cups because of the rings on the surface.

Front sleeper:

We had our daughter and her boyfriend with us this weekend. Usually it's just my wife, our son, and I. I was glad to see how comfortable the five of us were. Our son loves the fold-out bed.