Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

New owner from Wake Forest NC

Good morning to you all. My wife and I just bought a 2015 Elevation Talladega toy hauler. We couldn't be more pleased with it. I spent a little time here on the forum before we purchased our new RV, just to try and get a feel for how other owners felt about their Crossroads RV's. It's always interesting to me that a lot of what you read on forums is negative. This is only our second RV, but it seems to me that pretty much any RV you purchase is going to have it's little issues in the beginning. We've been fortunate in that we have had 2 good weekends in ours to get some of the bugs worked out. I thought I would share with you the things that we found and what our solutions were, just to help out any other new RV owners.

1) The first issue we came across was the hinge on the platform for our bed. We tried to lift the bed up to store a couple of things and noticed right away that there was an issue. The screws holding the hinge to the main bed frame had all pulled loose. I blame this on the number of people that were looking under there while the RV was on the dealer lot. The dealer should probably have noticed this while prepping the trailer for delivery, but oh well. I always carry tools with us, so it only took about half an hour for me to fix. It won't come loose again.

2) A small leak under the kitchen sink. I think I may have caused this when I went under the sink to adjust the stop ball on the hose for the pull out faucet. The ball was set so that you could only pull the faucet out about 2". Not very practical. Both the hose and the leak were quick fixes.

3) The awning on the back of the trailer over the ramp door would not close completely on one end. I fiddled a bit and it's working fine now.

4) Refrigerator would not run on propane. This was a bit more serious. I like to turn the fridge on the day before a trip and let it run on propane so that it's good and cold when we are ready to go. I was petty sure that the trailer would need to go back in for this to get repaired. However, after a quick Google search, I found a repair manual for the fridge and found a very small manual shutoff screw for the propane, right before the burner. It looked to be open, but I fiddled a bit and then tried turning the fridge on. Bingo! Works great now.

5) The radio/DVD player in the garage. This unit will not run on. I checked the obvious things like fuses and breakers. No luck. I'm hoping to get in and check the wiring to make sure it's all connected before I take it in for this. No solution yet.

These were all fairly minor issues that a little common sense and sweat fixed right up. It would have been great to have everything working perfectly, but we bought a 2015 unit that the dealer had probably had on the lot for quite some time. We got a great deal on it, but I imagine that a lot of people walked through it before we got. With all of that, we are very happy with our purchase and look forward to many good years ahead.
bwandrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the nice post!
Also, congrats on that new rig.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

welcome to the forum i know who to call if i have a problem with my unit
enjoy happy camping
PARTS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Hello and welcome from just up the road in Mebane, NC. Congrats on the new TH.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Congrats!! And welcome to the forum. I, too am a happy Elevation owner.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the CrossRoads family!

Thanks for your positive spin on what would have really frustrated some. I have a feeling your technically minded input will be of great use to all of us here! Should you ever need any assistance from CrossRoads, please don't hesitate to let me know!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Welcome to this great forum. Good luck with your Rv

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #8
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Welcome aboard. I am a happy Elevation owner...now. That said, I'm interested in your LP Fridge Gas screw. My fridge seems to work on gas , then stop working, then back to working, and so on.

Perhaps I need to adjust the little screw. Can you tell me where it is? Is it accessed from the outside?

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote