Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
New Camper

New Owner in Florida

Recently took delivery of our "gently used" 2013 Crossroads Z1 251 BH. This is our first unit and this weekend was our first time out. We camped at a great campground about 1 mile from our house! Real adventurous I know, but I thought we could figure out what we needed to stock the camper with and run home to get it. It saved me unnecessary trips to the store and I already had most of what we needed without having to go buy it. Next time we may even leave our county! Just kidding, we can't wait to take a real road trip.

Mark
Venice, FL
Grayson70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Mark, that is very smart. Your "maiden voyage" should be close to home and easy to support. You will learn a lot in the beginning. Make sure you know all the operations, i.e. water from tank with pump, in addition to city water. Propane and electric operation of both water heater and fridge. Keep your drains closed, even with hookups, so you know how fast these things fill up. (Black should always be closed, except for dumping, anyway) Learn to conserve water. Learn how to adapt to different power outlets. Know your hitching/unhitching routine inside and out.
These are the skills you can hone at any campsite, 1 mile from home or 1,000. Knowing what to bring and what to leave at home is a never-ending Rubic's Cube! I have so many duplicate tools, coffee pots, hoodies, etc, because I bought them on the road after leaving things at home!
Sounds like you're off to a great start! Good luck!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:06 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I use lists a lot to keep us on track. I have a list of what to bring for each trip such as personal effects, food, etc. One section is for optional items which vary depending on the type of trip we are taking. I am constantly changing the list as things get added or removed. The only items I forget now are those not on the list. To save paper I have it on my iPad and check it off there.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Hi Mark - Congratulations and best wishes!
2015 Zinger 27RL (TT #5)
Ford F350 FX4
My toy = 2004 Corvette Coupe
AmericalVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson70 View Post
Recently took delivery of our "gently used" 2013 Crossroads Z1 251 BH. This is our first unit and this weekend was our first time out. We camped at a great campground about 1 mile from our house! Real adventurous I know, but I thought we could figure out what we needed to stock the camper with and run home to get it. It saved me unnecessary trips to the store and I already had most of what we needed without having to go buy it. Next time we may even leave our county! Just kidding, we can't wait to take a real road trip.

Mark
Venice, FL
I used to live in Venice many years ago. 22 years in Sarasota Co. Great area. Where did you camp at? Several members on here not far from you. Have fun.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
New Camper

Thank you!

Thanks everyone! Maybe our paths will cross one day soon!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #7
New Camper

We went to Ramblers Rest on River Road. It was a nice spot.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I know that place. Good for you. Have fun.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote