Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
New Camper

Hello ,the wife and I just traded our 2006 zinger RL29 for a new CF335SS. Very excited about our new rig just wondering if anyone knows of any problems with this unit in the past for me to pay attention to on the pre delivery inspection as im picking the unit up on Saturday, Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Volunteer bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Been out twice in my new 335ss. Love it so far. Only problem I've had is with the LED lights on the awning (a few are burned out). Thankfully no other problems. Hope it continues that way. Take your time on the walk thru. Ask questions if not sure. Check out molding on the slides to make sure all the screws are there and tight. Move the slides in and out a few times and look for smooth travel.

Best of luck on your new purchase.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

First I hope you enjoy the unit - we do like and enjoy the layout of our 2012 CF335SS.

I have a long list - based upon past experience purchasing RVs and the one we presently own.

1st - hopefully you purchased locally - within 50 miles. You will be making return trips for warranty work.

Tell the dealer that they should expect that it will take about 1 hour to check out the unit.
Things we did:
1.Check operation of the slides - stand outside and watch the slides go in and out - look for smooth operation and tight seal. The bed slide was out of adjustment. TheSCHWINTEK IN-WALL SLIDE system for the bed slide will work good if properly aligned and the bed was installed properly (with rollers for support under the bed).
2. Closely check counters for scratches (ours has some and needed to be buffed out)</span>
3. Make sure you have all of the remotes (including fireplace - ours was missing and took 6 months to get)</span>
4. Have them check the fridge in gas and electric mode (tell them you want it cool when you pick it up).</span>
5. Have them verify hot water heater gas and elec. operation.</span>
6. Operate all jacks (Our rear jacks failed due to poor wiring at the factory - cord was cut too short and it pulled out of the motor. It took 2 weeks to get the new motor and another week before the dealer installed it)</span>
7. Check operation of all drain valves</span>
8. Verify that they filled the propane tanks.</span>
9. Check all cabinet doors for operation.</span>
10. Verify operation of the water pump (pump is located under the island).</span>
11. Have them check all wheel lug nuts tight - torqued to 110 to 120 ft lbs. Ours were all loose.</span>
12. Have them check all tire pressures - should be at 80 psi. Two were low in pressure.</span>
13 Check all of the running lights</span>
14. Lift the bed platform up. Check for construction flaws and to make sure the support shocks will hold up the bed.</span>
15. Check operation of the awning.</span>
16. Give it a good walk around looking for "cosmetic" issues with paint, trim, etc.</span>
17. Check to make sure you have the manual reach rods for operation of the slides and jacks.</span>
18. Verify that the TV operates - there is a switch behind the TV that needs to be turned on for the antenna amplifier.</span>
19. We had them install slide toppers before we picked up the unit - I watched them go in and out when they put the slides in and out.</span>
20. Go up on the roof and look for any issues with the roofing installation.</span>
21. Ensure they give you the owners manual and there should be manuals for all of the appliances. All of this stuff was in a folder in one of the cabinets. Crossroads expects you to read the owners manual - there are warranty claims that will be denied if you do not comply with the manual.
22. Check to ensure all of the keys work and get a spare set (we have three - always keep the third set in our truck and have an extra for people that camp with us).
23. Check the operation of the remote controller if your unit came with one.
24 Check for the location of the intellijack and bed slide controller - they should be in the large storage compartment. Our bed slide controller was originally under the bed and under a piece of plywood at the front of the bed . When they modified/repaired the bed slide the controller was relocated to the compartment next to the intellijack controller.
25. Check for musty smell in the cabinets and closet - the bed slide wardrobe closet always had a musty smell. Turns out they did not seal it properly at the factory and it was water damaged. Bottom and sides of the slide had to be replaced when they modified the bed slide. One sign of water leakage is cracking of the fiberglass sheeting under the bed slide.

Any issue - tell them you will pick it up when the problems are fixed - in our case they delivered the RV to our house because we lived 110 miles from the dealer and I was not going to make another trip due to their lack of pre-inspection. We had signed the purchase papers 2 week prior to arriving to take delivery. Delivery was delayed because the 3 slide toppers (with black trim to match the awning) had to be ordered.

You make have read some of my previous posts - here is some weight information on our unit:

On the CAT scale:</span>
We had 2 passengers in the truck, full tank of diesel (36 gallons) and 1 small dog.</span>Trailer is packed for 2 weeks of camping and about 1/3 tank of water.</span> Gray and black tanks had been recently dumped. </span>Propane tanks full.</span>

Steer Axle - 4900 lbsDrive Axle - 6060 lbs</span>

Trailer Axle - 9220 lbs

Gross Weight - 20,180 lbs

Our CF335SS has axles rated at 5200 lbs
each. Weight leaving the factory was
10,014 lbs "dry".</span>
</span>
Truck GVWR is 11,600 lbs and trailer GVWR is 12,380 lbs.</span>
</span>

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to picking up my unit but not looking forward to all the headaches that usually come with it for the first little while. The dealer we purchased from is less than an hour away so that's not so bad. Thanks again and I will be using this blog in my pre delivery inspection.
Volunteer bee is offline   Reply With Quote