Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Hi everyone, I introduced myself under the Sunset Trail subset then noticed this one, the "new member" introduction page.
We are looking forward to the arrival of a 22BH that we ordered last week. We will be using it to replace a 30' Hornet that we needed to downsize from so we can take longer trips and still keep the weight down. We are not new to RV life as we have towed the hornet for around 10 years. Just new to the CrossRoads line.
We need the bunkhouse for our two sons 6 and 9. The hornet was nice but there was space we just didn't need. Our dealer was a little confused when we said shorter. I guess most go for longer...
So I am looking forward to reading up on things here on the forum....

What are the bets for delivery of the new unit. Dealer said 5 weeks. That would put it in the first week of April. We will see how close it is.
Really not a big deal 'cause in Minnesota, winter has a tendency to drag on.......and on........and on.

best
-Kurt

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome and congrats on the new TT. May you have many happy camping trips with it.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Hello and welcome! I think it was Todd Rudgren that sang:"The wa-aiting is the hardest part!" May you have many GREAT trips in it and even more GREAT memories!

I picked up my Zinger alittle over aweek ago (seems like months) and have been looking at it sitting in the drive through the window. Every now and then I go out there just to sit in it(and nap). Can't wait for spring!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

MrMike you make me laugh. I see you are in Michigan. Is winter over yet there? Pretty mild one this year in Minnesota. I am sure that when my unit arrives, we will get dumped on with snow...
Otherwise I too will likely just sit in it....maybe watch a movie in the driveway. Any suggestions? National lampoons vacation perhaps?

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

It has been mild here too. The worst snow we have had in 2012 was on the day I pulled it 2 1/2 hours home.

National lampoons vacation is good. There is that RV movie with Robin Williams too. In fact - that is the movie that stopped me from buying a motorhome - I want to pull my little boat trailer and invisionedme trying to launch the boat and the whole RV sinking into the lake...