Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 AM   #1
New Camper

Hey Everyone,

My wife and I have just purchased our first RV and we are really excited. I have been reviewing everyone's posts over the past couple of weeks and feel confident the product is a good one. We will be picking up the ST 28BH at the end of the month from the dealer. I have seen a couple of posts where it was recommended to record the walk thru for future reference. Any other suggestions prior to receiving would be appreciated. We will be towing with an F250 6.2L V8, so we should be pretty good there. Looking forward to following and participating in the forum. Hope everyone is having a great summer....
geoclifford98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Have fun, enjoy your new RV
You might want to download the PDI from this site, read it, look it over real good, and take it with you when you pickup your new unit. You might even want to drop a copy off to the dealer so he knows you will be serious when you come in to take delivery------after the PDI.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/

Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
New Camper

Good deal, I appreciate the info and references.....

Thanks for the Feedback,
Old 07-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

welcome and congrats on the new sunset trail. Definitely video the pdi. Have one person video while the other does the return demos. if you have young kids arrange for a sitter or something to keep them occupied while going through the pdi so you aren't distracted. we set our dd up with a movie on a portable DVD player while we did ours. If it opens, closes, turns on or off, or moves it needs to be shown to you (not told to you) and you return the demo. you want them to even open and close and adjust the awning (remember to always set it up with one side lower for water run off). Have them open up and show you where the water heater and water pump are. Have them show you how to winterize and dewinterize the trailer. if they set up your wdh (preferably you want wdh w/ integrated sway control) have them demo hooking and unhooking the trailer. Take the trailer all the way off the ball and all the way back on and pay attention to how everything sits when hooked up. Check all caulking, crawl up on the roof and check it out. Locate low point drains and grey/back water dump valves. Do not hand over any money until everything has been shown and fixed to your satisfaction. That might require leaving the trailer and coming back for it if it requires enough repairs but stick to your guns on this as some have taken possession of a trailer with issues and had a headache getting it resolved.Enjoy your new trailer and ay it bring you any happy camping trips. Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

some good reading on wdh- wdh set up
wdh, how it works Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
New Camper

Will do....great advice, I have already informed dealer and sent them a copy of the PDI checklist provided which the wife and I intend to walk thru with them as recommended by Old Farmer. I have seen some previous posts on the different types of TV antennas and was curious if at delivery would be a good time to advocate for something different then the standard provided......Any thoughts on what antenna type works best from experience? I appreciate the dialogue and great feedback. I hope you had a great weekend.......

Thanks,
Old 07-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

We love out ST28BH. all good advice here. alot of this stuff is what we found during our PDI. bad caulking (missed spots). broken/ overtorqued screws and bolts all over the trailer. lots of broken screws and bolts. go thru everything with a fine tooth comb... Also alot of people are complaining about the led lights not working. dont forget to check those as well. One of my grey valves was sealedto the underbellyand would not open and the grey and black valves were labled wrong as well. Again check everything!

Good luck and happy camping

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

With quality (lack of)the way it isin the RV industry today, I wouldn't give them more than a dollar for a down payment and I wouldn't sign anything until you have your new RV exactly the wayyou want it. If they can't get it right, leaveit on the lot and don't look back.If everything checks out then enjoy your new RV!!! And feel free to ask questions here, there are a lot of knowledgable RVers here that can help.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote