Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
New Camper

New to the Crossroads Family

We just picked up our 2015 Sunset Trail 300BH yesterday. I have been reading this forum as a guest since Feb when we bought our camper at the Chicago RV Show. I was a little skeptical about the quality of the Sunset Trail compared to the Jayco we traded in, and I was even more concerned after reading this forum. When we went to finalize the deal yesterday, I felt better about the quality. I know people have complained about the speed of manufacturing. I don't know about the speed, but I can say they could keep the units a little cleaner during manufacturing. After the dealer cleaned it, my wife and I spent another 3 hours cleaning it to get rid of all the saw dust that was everywhere you can imagine. I hope this unit lasts us 10 years like the Jayco did, and then I will be very happy about my choice. I have noticed many people on this forum know what they are talking about, so I plan to visit often to see what is going on in Crossroads RV World. Happy to be a part of that, and I look forward to interacting with all of you soon!
EZSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Hello and welcome. Congrats on the new sunset trail. You will find many here who love them and find them to be relatively problem free. The unhappy just tend to be the vocal ones.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome and good luck with your new ST. By the way, you'll never get rid of all the saw dust. Every camper comes with a saw dust fairy.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

X2 Mark...ours is a 2006 and still has that fairy spreading saw dust.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:22 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the Crossroads forum and family,

As a former Jayco owner and now have the same trailer, a300BH, I too had the same concerns. I've been happy with my trailer. I still can't believe how light these units are and the options you get for the money.

I put 6K miles and over 35 nights on our 2013 and couldn't be happier.

Sawdust fairies still visiting here too.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #6
New Camper

I bought my Jayco new, and I did not have the dust fairy after the first year. I agree that the options for the money are an added bonus. The construction on paper appears to be great, and I hope the actual unit is as great as advertised. Most people on here like them, and I hope to be one of those after using it.
EZSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZSox View Post
I bought my Jayco new, and I did not have the dust fairy after the first year. I agree that the options for the money are an added bonus. The construction on paper appears to be great, and I hope the actual unit is as great as advertised. Most people on here like them, and I hope to be one of those after using it.
Welcome. I love mine. I have had only a couple small issues. Awning lights, fixed under warranty. A warped cabinet door in bathroom, on order by dealer. Water heater did not work on electric, fixed myself by checking connections behind panel. They also inspected roof and caulked gutter track where it meets halfway where the awning is. I do have a little fading on cap on the upper hand right side. Not bad and light has to hit just right. Dealer said, not to worry. Covered! Bring it in end of season and they will repaint. Said he would also order and have Stickers replaced. Hard to argue with that. As far as saw dust, I swept and vacuumed under cabinets and all access covers. Don't notice any more, "knock on wood".

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Welcome. Great place to learn...often just laugh at the friendly banter.

2014 - 47 Nights - 1445.8 miles.
2013 - 44 Nights -
2154.8 miles.

ZT211RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Welcome. I too have a new 2014 300BH. Can't say I've seen any sawdust in mine though.
Ford F-150 Twin Turbo, Max Towing Package
exposurecontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

If you have a swivel TV that is mounted up high ,above the fireplace and radio , you will get saw dust.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
Welcome. I love mine. I have had only a couple small issues. Awning lights, fixed under warranty. A warped cabinet door in bathroom, on order by dealer. Water heater did not work on electric, fixed myself by checking connections behind panel. They also inspected roof and caulked gutter track where it meets halfway where the awning is. I do have a little fading on cap on the upper hand right side. Not bad and light has to hit just right. Dealer said, not to worry. Covered! Bring it in end of season and they will repaint. Said he would also order and have Stickers replaced. Hard to argue with that. As far as saw dust, I swept and vacuumed under cabinets and all access covers. Don't notice any more, "knock on wood".

Good to hear,

No cap issues yet, but the 300BH has the wallboard cap vs the fiberglass, so hopefully no issues.

I think the sawdust gets in the vents, so that why i think im still seeing them.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
I think the sawdust gets in the vents, so that why i think im still seeing them.
Take covers off and run a vacuum down them. Carefully though. The ductwork looks a lot like dryer vent ducting.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote