Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Greetings from Intercourse, PA I have been lurking a while and reading others posts, they have been helpful in all aspects of everything related to a TT. So I pulled the trigger Saturday 8/14/2010 and bought a 2010 ST29BH Sunset Trail. from Shady Maple RV. I went this route due to the TV that I have, its a 2006 F-150 super cab with a 5.4 Which I was told by the dealer that would pull this TT without worries.I also installed a Equal-i-zer 4 point sway control, and Prodigy brake control unit. So far we have not had the chance to use it other than outfitting it, Plans to do Sullivan County, PA last weekend of August and Bucktail campground in Mansfield, PA the week after. Thanks again for all the posts over the last few weeks.
amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on your new trailer.

Welcome!!!

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Happy new rig!

I believe you'll really like your whole set up. The Equal-i-zer and Prodigy have been great improvements for us from what we had with a previous shorter TT.

Enjoy!!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Welcome to the wonderful world of camping and the CR family.
We put in a new Prodigy just before our last trip and it was a nice improvement over the old unit we had. I don't know the brand but it was real grabby, this one is much smother and stops better.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Welcome to the CR family!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Welcome to Sunset Trail group!!! We pull a 2010 ST24BH with the a 2006 F-150 supercab etc with no problems. We are in the mountain west and slow on some moutain roads. There are other's who are slower. Enjoy your new rig.
ritterjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to come and chat.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the Crossroads family.

seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

What were they thinking when they named that town????

Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Thanks for putting out the welcome mat everyone, its good to know that there are others out here that are loaded with good informationshould a question arise. thanks again for being here.

There are two ideas how the town of Intercourse was named: Intercourse was formally known asCross Keys from a sign hanging on a tavernshowing two keys crossing each other. This wasalong theOld Philadelphia Pike now known as Route 340, another idea was that there was a race track located along the Old Philladelphia Pike and this was where the racers would "enter the course", over the years and to the enjoyment of many millons of tourists the town became know as Intercourse. We are in the heart of Lancaster County known for Amish, Shoefly Pie, pretzels, and strange town names... Blueball, Bird-in-Hand, Paradise, Virginville, Leacock pronounced (laycock) Eden and many others.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

I would hope that Intercourse and Virginville aren't too close together

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Sunset Trail . we bought a ST 27 RB from Shady Maple this past spring . we were just there for a minor repair this past Friday and then off to a weekend at Spring Gulch Campground . was your sailsman Jerry ? they seem to be good people to work with . enjoy your new toy!!!!
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Gary & Carol: I called Shady Maple on a Tuesday evening around 6:45 PM said I was looking to buy a camper and did anyone want to sell me one. The parts guy Jason stressed that they close in 15 minutes for the day. I said I would like to speak with a salesman and was transfered to Jerry, He said he would stay a little after closing to show me what they hadand sure come on over. I got there at 7 PM dresses in ratty shorts and tee shirt andJerry had no issues showing me what I was looking for. I spent a good half hour and told him I would be back, on Thurday night after doing alot of research I called and told them that I found the same trailer at an Indiana RV dealer for almost $3500.00 less and they would deliver for $800.00 to my home.I gave Bob (the finance MGR at SM) the website and phone number of the girl I spoke with and he said he would get back to me shortly, after 1/2 hour he called and said they could do it at same price plus $800.00 which is what I would have paid to have it shipped. I am all about researching for the lowest rate but I also want to deal with someone at a local level. As for Shady Maple overall ... I'm still undecided, the guy who demo'd the RV when I picked it up on Saturday was just a garage tech, and I felt he was very clueless or maybe I was taking up his Saturday he wasn't supposed to work because he was very rushed and left as soon as he said the inspection was over. So the verdict is still out on the rest of the staff but glad I bought local.

Kenny B: Blueball is between the two.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Chris,

there are many verbose techs in here and will take time to answer your questions.

Ask and ye shall receive.

btw, hope to meet you at the 2011 spring Northeast Crossroads rally...at a site to be determined.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #15
New Camper

Congrats as well on the purchase of your new CrossRoads. I'm picking mine up as well (Zinger 25RK) this coming Friday. The entire family is sooo excited we can hardly sleep at night! We're going to break-in that baby as soon as we can!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:27 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Just bought a CF32MK and will pick it up Thursday (Aug. 2). Haven't camped in it yet but I know I am going to love it.

CF32MK

2011 Silverado 2500HD

Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel
Mac-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:16 AM   #17
Site Team

Welcome to fellow Wisconsinite! Congrats on your new rig!!!
Have fun.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

+1 on the prodigy. we have one and love it, especially the ability to adjust it on the fly.

congrats on the purchase and enjoy

2003 Dodge 2500 5.7 HEMI

2010 zinger zt31sb

jimnfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Hi every body and welcome to the forum.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

TRIP REPORT: Back from first trip and had a great time, we went 3 1/2 hours north of Lancaster County to Sullivan County for the weekend and left TT up there as we are headed back up again to Tioga County to Bucktail CG this weekend. Only a couple issues came up on our trip up, I was traveling up 283 when I came upon an oversize load traveling at 50 MPH,as I came up behind this truck I could really feel the TT and TV swaying trying to break the drag the truck was causing with the barrier I waited until I could pass without the left barrier being a foot away, and after I broke free from the drag the TV & TT settled back down again. the other issue I had was coming into a little town of Shunk, PA on RT 154 the Equalizer Hitch really got loud with the weight bars causing the noise. I guess this is normal? I usually get between 14 -16 MPG on my F-150 5.4 Triton but pulling the TT was anywhere between 7.5 and 9 mpg. according to the gauge on the truck. As for the TT comfort was great and although weonly really used it for only sleeping as we were at our cabin from breakfast till midnightmost nights, we still foundthat we needed a couple creature comforts to make this coming weekend a little better when we will be really camping.