Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 05:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

New to the Group

Hello Everyone;
New to this group. wife and I just bought a 2016 Cruiser Touring Edition CF351MK. Picked up the unit on Saturday and it broke on Sunday?????? I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Opened the slide on the entry door side to gain access for boxes of stuff removed from old TT we traded in. Went to close the slide and it will only pull in at the bottom. The top does not move at all. The bottom will pull in 6-8" without any movement at the top. Used auto Level to make sure unit was level but that made no difference either. Put calls in to dealer for service but it was Sunday. hope to hear something this morning. Anyone else ever experience this problem?
Look forward to having many chats on this forum as the wife and I migrate from careers to retirement and full time camping and workamping. Thanks
breams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum!! Do you know what type of slide mechanism you have? Sounds like an alignment problem which isn't a difficult fix but something a tech may need to do unfortunately. When you hit the button to move the slide in can you see if the top is binding? Or if it's moving evenly in from both sides. Could just be a sticky seal at the top since it's a new unit. Just throwing out ideas.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

New to forum

Thanks for your reply. Do not know mfg. of slide mechanism. The bottom pulls evenly on both sides. The top does not move at all on either side. Appears to be stuck?? When the bottom pulls in approx. 8" without movement on the top, it really looks bad with the angle the room is setting at.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Should it make any difference if you were running the slide off only battery power rather than shore power?
Old 02-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #5
Site Team

I don't know what your rig has for a slide mechanism, but have you looked online at the Lippert web site for any trouble shooting info or videos?
Maybe even give Lippert a call if all else fails.
How about your dealer? Sounds like its a new rig.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

New to Forum

Yes, unit was only one day old so certainly covered under warranty. I have had one phone conversation with dealer this morning. waiting on their tech. to call me and see if it is something that can be handled on the phone. If not, they will send service tech to house.
I will check out Lippert site as well. Thanks for info. I have a lot to learn about this rig.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Sorry you had trouble with the slide.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

New to forum

Dealer is telling me what I saw and experienced is normal because they have a flush floor slide........ It stormed last night so I did not get a chance to find out for sure. Batteries have been drained by residential style refrig.
Told that if I hook my truck up to 5th wheel for 10-15 min. it should have enough of a charge to retract the slide. I will find out for sure tonight.
does anyone else on this forum own a Cruiser Touring Edition? Dealer tells me that the slide will pull in from the bottom with a exaggerated angle for 12-18" before the top starts to move.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the CrossRoads family! Hope to see you at some of our Rallies this year- Regional or National!

Sorry to hear you've had troubles with the slide. If you end up needing to speak with someone in our warranty department- please just shoot me a message. We'll get you in touch with the right people!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Thanks for response. Will know more this evening.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:37 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Looks like dealer will be picking up my unit this Sunday and keeping it for one week to make repairs to slide. Per phone call last night they have now have three of the same units in the state of Georgia with same problem. Claim the factory is owning up to Eng. material change on frame member to a C channel which can not handle the weight and is bowing or twisting when slide is fully extended. It then hangs up on another detail and will not come in. Will be curious to see if they keep it more than a week.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

We just signed a couple weeks ago with the same model. We do our walk thru this Thursday. We will watch this as it comes in. Good luck with yours.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:45 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Yes, pay close attention to movement at bottom and top of slide with table and chairs on your left. Mine was picked up early Sunday and is back at dealer for repairs. I was told it was due to an eng. change with material that can not handle weight of slide when fully extended. C channel running across front length of slide is bowing and causes the interference at the top. I hope you do not have this problem or is has been retrofitted before you get yours. Good luck. They are really nice units other than this minor problem.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Asked our tech giving us the walk thru about the C channel and he knew what I was talking about. He said he had seen this before and showed and said that ours was the changed design. Glad to here that. They had also ordered a new chair that we had not noticed before was cracked. Only a little fit problem with a baggage door edge and what was noted before about the closet and island panel skins. Being an ex quality guy in the truck body industry was impressed with the fit and finish of everything else. Looking forward to using it for many years to come.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:06 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Hope you enjoy your new unit.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:04 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Thanks you too.