MassCamper.... Sorry that I didn't post the pictures. They're on my home computer and I'm at work. I'll get a few up.
So we've been talking about going to Colorado later this summer and started checking things on the RV. ...and it's a good thing that we did...
1. The wife wants new stairs.... so after endless hours of research she decided on the TorkLift Glow step (4 steps). But you have to have the trailer height and.... she also figured out the front of the trailer is a little above level. ...not good... Can't lower the hitch in the truck, can't adjust the kingpin box, trailer already has spring over axle, so... new larger tires. About time anyway.... so..
2. New tires.... Goodyear Endurance but since we need more height we went from the factory 15" to 16" which also meant new rims (including the spair) and while we were at it found a TPMS system. After a long search we found out that Discount Tire had a decent price on the tires and rims. Had to order the TPMS. **DONE** Still need to figure out the connection between my phone and the TPMS...
3. Torklift Glow steps (4 step). Ordered, received, and installed. Took less than an hour to install. They are a little bit stiff but let's get some use on them.
4. Apparently since I bought the trailer and installed the headache rack on the truck I jackknifed it a little bit too much. result... the trailer has a small amount of damage on the nose... It's off to the fiberglass shop... Supposed to be out toward the end of the week.
5. The trip to Colorado is supposed to have an extended weekend with friends. Four adults, a 10 year old, and a 2 year old + 2 or 3 dogs in one RV. I'm not sure I'm ready for that... So since we don't know where we are going the generator has to go along. ...and we found out last trip that the kingpin box swings a little too much and the generator is a little bit too tall.. Results... cracked case on the generator. Luckily the RV has a factory installed hitch for up to 350(?) pounds. Add a hitch mounted generator platform from Harbor Freight. okay so it's actually a cargo platform. Now I need to figure out security and a cover. ...and fix the cover on the generator...
6. Surge suppressor for the trailer by Power Watchdog. ...on order
7. We had some of the X brace ones from our last RV but now... did i mention the new tires were larger? Yeah... the X braces don't fit... Amazon to the rescue again... Two Fastway OneStep wheel chocks.
8. I don't remember if I put this one on or not but... the boss... doesn't like the control panel in the cupboard. The door ends up open all the time... SO... out comes the razor knife... Now it's on the side of the same cabinet (upper cabinet) pointing at the door. just a 90 degree turn, then some salvaged wood to cover all the wires and such inside the cabinet...
It's a good thing we saved my bonus and the tax refund this year. I think we spent it all. I'll see about adding pictures to the post this evening.
Trailer: 28' 2014 Cruiser Aire 28rl fifth wheel
Truck: 2017 Ram 2500 4X4 with 6.7 L Cummins Diesel.