Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #61
Family Vacation Member

CR has created a large Fan Club with a lot members that are realy not FANS of the club. Bring back the Forum.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #62
Family Vacation Member

When you click on 'Options' under the Sunset Trail travel trailers, you get this nice error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e0c'

Command text was not set for the command object.

/inc/list_options.asp, line 170

The website visitor should never see this, someone needs to do some testing.

mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #63
Full Time Camper

Just disgusted.Edited by: avvidclif
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #64
Full Time Camper

When you go into the site trying to build a new Cruiser you can not see the option list. TRhis same color scene. This very similar to what the attempted to do to the forum a while back. Kind turns me off when I can not see what I want to upgrade to

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #65
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvyRoads

I may have figured it out!!! Sunday is April 1st!!!! Well played CrossRoads well played.
Yes, that was my take, you beat me to it!!
Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #66
Weekend Camper

A well presented marketing plan must take into account the huge numbers of baby boomer generation that are starting to retire. The baby boom generation is 80 million people out of a US population of 300+ million. There has been coverage of how a substantial number of baby boomers are not financially prepared to retire, but on the other hand there are also substantial numbers that are prepared to retire.

The baby boomers that are already part of the RV lifestyle will be looking to upgrade or change from the family bunkhouse to a more residential unit for a couple. Others in their retirement will fulfill a dream to travel with an RV, where the their previous occupations did not allow enough time to make the trips they now want to make.

So, at least a balanced marketing plan. One thatdoes not put off the baby boomer. Not heavy on the retirement, old people thing either. Baby boomers were the "youth" generation. But the current edgy visuals don't really do it.
Retired02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 AM   #67
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing - Forums are back! (On the main page. At work on the other.) More changes coming. Keep the feedback going!

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #68
Full Time Camper

In true CR tradition it appears as though you are listening. Thank you for restoring the FORUM and eliminating fan club.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #69
Full Time Camper

thank you CR for changing it back to forums!

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #70
Seasonal Camper

Thank You

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #71
Weekend Camper

Thank you! Please keep the changes coming. The CrossRoads product is so good, this is not readily aparent from the redesigned website.

Just setup camp today in Pine Mountain GA. We have noticed this before, but people stop and look at the Sunset Trail Reserve as you pull in because it is a uniquely classy looking vehicle. I know I am beating a dead horse but PLEASE make the website REFLECT this, not detract from it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Edited by: Jpamacorp
Jpamacorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #72
Weekend Camper

Just noticed, (good new Avy), no more Sligshot by the dumpster. Also, no more Rob video on the front page. Thanks CR!

Edited by: Jpamacorp
Jpamacorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #73
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing here - Thank you all for being so generous with the feedback!

As we said - we are listening. More updates to the site coming as we work on making the visual reflection more relevant and improving the content.

Have a fabulous weekend!

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #74
Full Time Camper

i hav'nt been on in awhile and i didnt read all 8 pages, but i just wanted to say i like the new look. thumbs up crossroads.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #75
Seasonal Camper

OK so I waited awhile and revisited the site with an open and fresh mind.
I get the idea that is trying to be expressed. I just believe that it only works with the toy haulers.
What you now have as a home page should be what you see when you get to the pages with info on the Elevation and similar models. I then get the whole Travis part.
But that is as far as it goes. I don't wan't Travis or his group anywhere near what I hope to be doing with my RV.... I just watched a recent episode of Nitro Circus and quite frankley,,,,,thought you guys and gals are nuts... I am an X moto and sled rider and understand the lifestyle. But when you watch this group only recklessness comes to mind. Is that what you are trying to portray? If it is, I want no part of it.
If someone says they like my unit (RV), I will direct them to my dealer. Not the website.
That is a shame.

So with fresh eyes, I basically have the same opinion.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #76
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsunset
OK so I waited awhile and revisited the site with an open and fresh mind.
I get the idea that is trying to be expressed. I just believe that it only works with the toy haulers.
What you now have as a home page should be what you see when you get to the pages with info on the Elevation and similar models. I then get the whole Travis part.
But that is as far as it goes. I don't wan't Travis or his group anywhere near what I hope to be doing with my RV.... I just watched a recent episode of Nitro Circus and quite frankley,,,,,thought you guys and gals are nuts... I am an X moto and sled rider and understand the lifestyle. But when you watch this group only recklessness comes to mind. Is that what you are trying to portray? If it is, I want no part of it.
If someone says they like my unit (RV), I will direct them to my dealer. Not the website.
That is a shame.

So with fresh eyes, I basically have the same opinion.

Agreed. I couldn't have said it any better than that.
Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:54 AM   #77
Seasonal Camper

Have to admit upfront that I didn't read the previous 8 pages of posts.

I find the demographic they seem to be targeting to be interesting. Seems to me that the 20 something x-gamers would be a small market share compared to the 35 and up family types that seem to be rving. I have nothing against 20 something x-gamers (I was a hard core skateboarder back in the day... I also was a big Pat Benatar fan so that definitely dates me...) but that certainly looks like the target demographic. I am sure CrossRoads knows what it is doing though.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #78
Full Time Camper

I just went back and looked at the website again. Clearly the images used, and for that matter even the trailer graphics, are aimed at some demographic other than baby boomers (my age group). Maybe the graphics look better in person. I know I liked them better on my 2008 ST than the pictures showed when I saw it in person.

I like to visualize viaimages how mytrailer will look while I"m using it. That does not meanit needs to be a photo of it in acampground, but an out doors wilderness experience certainly appeals to me. Always enjoy depictions with mountain views, lake side sites, views of the mountains. Since I'm trying to escape every day life I certainly don't want pics with a city back ground, which denote NOISE, congestion and lots of people. Would be nice to see a family sitting at a campfire making smores or having a picnic next to the trailer. That would give me warm fuzzies. Also makes sense to have typical tow vehicles for the towable in the photos as well.

Just whining from a soon to be old geezer.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #79
Seasonal Camper

Well said Al!
But then again, what do the old Geezers know?
(other than they know they can afford and RV!)

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #80
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I'm probably in the demographic being targeted - I've been camping since I was a teenager, owned my first popup in my early 20's, andfrom there I've had a few different units. In no way am I impressed or feel the CR focus on this Nitro Circus aimed at me (early 30-something with a family). In fact, if the TH market likes all this extreme sports thats great - put it on the Elevation page. As far as I'm concerned, the main theme of CR as a company isn't the Nitro Circus nor is it relevant to 95% of it's product lines.

THis is the first time I've seen a RV company get a redesigned website SO wrong.... In fact, I'm not even sure who would have authorized such a shift in direction.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote