Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I am now pleased to announce that we have joined all of you. Next Tuesday my wife (Mary Kay) and I (Dave) and our 14 yr old daughter (Jen) will pick up our new Cruiser 30QBX. I spoke about it in this posting as we went through the buying decision:

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...ID=22055#22055

We live outside Akron Ohio, in Norton, Oh. We look forward to possibly meeting any of you

that we possibly can.

Usually we travel with my Beagle, her name is Fanny, she has some Basset hound somewhere in the woodwork, our newest addition, a Shih Poo named Ziggy and the 2 bodyguards, Otto and Blake. Otto and Blake are brothers. We got them from an animal rescue group as 3 mo old puppies. They are a cross between a Rhodesian Ridgeback and a Doberman. Otto was the biggest, he stopped at 100 lbs. Blake kept up and finally quit at 110. They are super smart dogs, about like a 2 or 3yr old child and actually act likekids. They are super with kids, and actually lastyear a little girl ran up and threw her arms around their necks andI could seeher parents panicking until Otto and Blake just licked her face and were very gentle with her.

Ziggy is all of 5 or 6 lbs and his best buddy is Blake. Blake is very protective of his "son". It is funny to see a huge dog rolling around on his back so a little fluff ball can maul him.

So if you see the Cook's Travelling Roadshow, stop in and say hello!

best to all,

Dave Cook
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Good luck to all! Hope you enjoy your Cruiser as much as we do ours.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome aboard. Traveling with that many dogs must be challenging at times.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Believe it or not, when we were at the Outer Banks KOA this summer, there was a family there that had a bunch with them, more than ours is a bunch. They had a couple standard poodles, standard poodles are big dogs, can be up to 70 lbs, and they had a play fence, like you use for a toddler, full of little dogs.

If we want to be able to sight see and go places during a trip, we hire someone to stay at the house and take care of the rest of the critters. I have a couple old horses and some cats. This year we paid my out of work bro-in-law to pet sit all of them, and my son helps out a lot also. When we are going to a camp ground on an off week end, we pack them up. I have a couple cages that fit in the bed of my truck inside the cap, and the 2 boys ride back there. The dog cages are big enough for them to fully stand up, move around, etc. Plus they are safely contained so that I can take one out and get him on a leashbefore dealing with the other one.

This next summer, we are going to switch the windows in the truck and cap to sliders so that when we take them with us next year, they will be able to share in the air conditioning.

They are all well behaved in the trailer, and just pick out their spot.

dc

Old 09-22-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Sounds alot like Noahs Ark it must be a lot of fun. Welcome.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

We wouldn't travel without the "pack." We stayed at The Refugein the Outerbanks in July also and I made the Factory Rally on the way home. We only had 4 then, we acquired a fifth earlier this month, from the Rescue. They all travel well. Welcome and maybe we'll see you down the road, we'll bark as we go past
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

The KOA we stayed at is about 27'ish miles south of Kitty Hawk. I would recommend them to anyone. Our stay was most pleasant there. We were there the last week of July through AUgust7th and actually spent our anniversary there. We have decided to go there on a yearlybasis during that week.

That far south, away from the main tourist areas the beaches are not crowded at all. For the most part, we never had anyone sitting any closer than 25 to 35 feet away and mostly had about 50 to 75 feet or so of ocean to ourselves. 5 miles north we stopped and there was only 5 or 6 people as far as you could see in any direction.

The KOA is right over the sand dune from the Atlantic. They also own property on the other side of the highway on the sound side.

I am looking forward to going back and catching some fish.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:58 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

it's officially official. it is home and in the driveway. we got one with the Sangria interior. the only thing that I am disappointed is that the LCD TV we had bought and put in the old trailer won't fit in the new trailer. I am going to have to do some measuring and see what the biggest tv will be that will fit in the opening.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored